Jump to content
  • Announcements

    Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

    Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

    Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

  • If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

    Forum Shop

Recommended Posts

Hey im a Norfolk Broad Virgin, heard so many great stories and also reading some of the experiences on here too, im looking forward to coming to the broads next year, boat is going to be booked soon.  Dont panic i have experience of boating as i used to drive one of the original dunkirk ships as my auntys family has kept it in the family through the years.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome aboard!

Be interested to hear more about the Dunkirk ship and it's history.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to our friendly corner of the web , and I’m sure I speak for many others when I ask please could you post some pics of your family’s Dunkirk veteran 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome Dragonslayer,

Back in the late 70s - early 80s, we knew of a Dunkirk Little Ship called "Wendy Ken" which was moored at Allington Lock on the River Medway  near Maidstone in Kent. I think at the time she was owned by a guy called Bert Harper.  Have you heard of her, and do you know whether she`s still going?.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Welcome Dragonslayer,

Back in the late 70s - early 80s, we knew of a Dunkirk Little Ship called "Wendy Ken" which was moored at Allington Lock on the River Medway  near Maidstone in Kent. I think at the time she was owned by a guy called Bert Harper.  Have you heard of her, and do you know whether she`s still going?.

Hey, i have heard of her, though ive not been in the loop for a few years but i remember her being mentioned for the queens diamond jubilee, in the list my aunties brother had for attendance.  Though will find out if she's still going.

2 hours ago, Ray said:

Welcome aboard!

Be interested to hear more about the Dunkirk ship and it's history.

 

The name of the splendid little ship was called "minnehaha" though the wife didnt approce the name so she became Thamesa, last time i heard she was having a lot if work done, hopefully should be floating for henley boat rallying 

2 hours ago, grendel said:

:default_welcome:

Thank you 😊

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Welcome to our friendly corner of the web , and I’m sure I speak for many others when I ask please could you post some pics of your family’s Dunkirk veteran 

 

IMG_5554.preview.jpeg

photo 2.preview.jpeg

20190607_154210.jpg

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Welcome Dragonslayer,

Back in the late 70s - early 80s, we knew of a Dunkirk Little Ship called "Wendy Ken" which was moored at Allington Lock on the River Medway  near Maidstone in Kent. I think at the time she was owned by a guy called Bert Harper.  Have you heard of her, and do you know whether she`s still going?.

I live near Allington Lock and walk my dog along there quite often

There was a boat near the lock that had Dunkirk history all over it but cant remember if it was Wendy Ken

I'll try and pop down over the weekend and have a look, and get piccy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a little walk down to Allington Lock yesterday the Dunkirk boat is called Dowager, she may have had a name change, or there may be another moored in the marina that I couldn't see

Pictures below plus a couple of The Medway from a bridge between Allington and Maidstone, it is a pretty river that reminds me a bit of the journey between Wroxham and Coltishall, unfortunately there aren't many pubs with river frontage!

 

002.JPG

003.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of Denny Walklin's boats Elizabeth Anne was an ex Dunkirk boat or at least the hull

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, tim said:

I had a little walk down to Allington Lock yesterday the Dunkirk boat is called Dowager, she may have had a name change, or there may be another moored in the marina that I couldn't see

Pictures below plus a couple of The Medway from a bridge between Allington and Maidstone, it is a pretty river that reminds me a bit of the journey between Wroxham and Coltishall, unfortunately there aren't many pubs with river frontage!

 

002.JPG

003.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

Hi Tim, i`m not sure if this will load up properly, but i downloaded the pic from Google search, and it`s her.wendy Ken.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • NBN Mobile App

    Want to use NBN when you're out and about?

    Get our mobile app for Android and iOS!

    Get it on Google Play

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

For details of our Guidelines, please take a look at the Terms of Use here.