UNSECURED TACKLE

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi all, as the result of another forum members misfortune, i would like to recommend ALL of us fishermen who regularly fish from boats, be they private or hire, MAKE SURE ALL TACKLE STORED ON TOP OF THE BOAT WHILE NOT IN USE IS PROPERLY SECURED AND TIED DOWN, ESPECIALLY WHILE UNDERWAY. Another forum member had the unnessesary expense of calling out the diver to remove a KEEPNET which was wrapped around the propshaft. This keepnet was picked up mid stream, and had more than likely fallen off of a boat while underway. This post is in no way anti fishermen, as i`m a regular fisherman myself, but a little thought can possibly save considerable unnessesary expense to both boat owners/operators, and the fisherman who`s lost the tackle in the first place. Regards to all .................... Neil.

Better still leave Keep Nets at home,I am a great believer in not using nets for pleasure fishing,what is the point just so people can see their catch,put them straight back if you get a good un ,take a photo.

it is also worth taking the bait off your hooks when not in use, a few weeks ago a local dog owner in Potter got a hefty vet bill when his dog munched on a baited hook hanging from the side of a boat..

it is also worth taking the bait off your hooks when not in use, a few weeks ago a local dog owner in Potter got a hefty vet bill when his dog munched on a baited hook hanging from the side of a boat..

Do you reckon he was fishing for dogfish Clive?

Andy

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
Better still leave Keep Nets at home,I am a great believer in not using nets for pleasure fishing,what is the point just so people can see their catch,put them straight back if you get a good un ,take a photo.

Quite aggree Steve, i`ve never, and never will own, or use a keepnet. As you say, with mbile phone cameras etc, you`ve always got the chance to record your prize specimen.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

A worthy lesson i learned in 03 Clive. I left a baited hook about 4ft above the water while the rods were standing upright in the fwd cockpit of Maffett cruisers Kingfisher at Oulton broad yacht station. I thought they would be safe there as they could`nt interfere with anything. I had`nt cosidered that swans can crane their necks to such a degree, and when my rod nearly took of out of the boat, i pulled hard and the line snapped. Result, one very irate swan.