Peoples Disgusting Habits

troutman62

my cats all use a cat litter, which i get to clean out regularly, cant dogs be trained to use specific locations dedicated to the purpose. i dispose of it in the household waste - bagged up, I did once ask the council whether there was a preferred manner of disposal, but their response was that it was illegal to put it down the toilet, and illegal to bury it, which left the only option open to a householder to put it in the wheelie bin.

6 minutes ago, grendel said:

my cats all use a cat litter, which i get to clean out regularly, cant dogs be trained to use specific locations dedicated to the purpose. i dispose of it in the household waste - bagged up, I did once ask the council whether there was a preferred manner of disposal, but their response was that it was illegal to put it down the toilet, and illegal to bury it, which left the only option open to a householder to put it in the wheelie bin.

It’s not very different re dogs though is it? If it’s cleared up and disposed of in the same way that you do for your cats, or at least responsibly, where’s the problem? Many dogs are trained to go in their own garden and it wouldn’t surprise me if some have even been trained to use cat litter. It’s not the norm though. I would have liked to train my dogs to use it, we could then mud-weight overnight again! Left it too late now I think. 

Cats....thats another issue altogether! 

I have just had to turf an area of my garden to stop next doors cats visiting it daily and leaving their deposits.  

Ordinarily I would just dispose of it myself.  Its annoying but one of those things. The problem was getting to it before my dog did who then devoured it with relish as if its some sort of local delicacy. (disgusting little creature she is)

Ive seen the cats heading to my other neighbours garden now so I think thats job done and my dogs breath is fresher. 

No joke a relative used to have a cat defecate on top of his car almost every day.....bold as brass.

Animals just have no shame.  

We bought our Springer from a breeder who made sure we were aware that we would be expected to clear up after our dog whenever it fouled in a place regularly used by the general public.

That was back in 1993. I reckon all dog owners should know the score by now.

• Like 1

Last  year we moored at Commisioners Cut and the grass had been recently cut alongside the moorings and about a third of the way back to the railway bridge. The stench of dog poo was overpowering.

Obviously the majority of dog walkers in that area just leave it where its dropped.

2 issues for me

1 A dog owner has started dropping is bagged poo outside next doors drive and I think it's the same one I've asked not to let it waz against the drive gate even when I'm there closing them after getting the van out. Mines wanting to get out to sniff. The black bin didn't get collect 2 weeks ago and topping it up we've started getting poo dumped in our bin. If he's bagging it why not take home or leave in poo bin at the park.

2 Horses - round the back of the house across from us there's some horses in yard/plot of ground on a weekend there are 2 young lasses ride them bare back down the road or path and if your near the car etc she F's and blinds at you not to go near it (bucket mouth) that aside the horse dumps every week on the road or path outside. I've to drive in it to reverse down the drive and the guy over the road the same.

Local town hall asked for issues to be brought up in the next meeting well I'd had a few pepsi's and mailed away. I got a call and got it in the neck lol.  All I said was can't you send a letter asking them to walk in the field 5 mins as thats what it take each week to drop a load outside mine from where they start. Even come back with a shovel. Horse dooo is no risk at all.

Before you lot in Norfolk start I've seen your posh horses on the Yarmouth front with Dooo catchers between horse and carriage, I bet that add to the ride and clears your nose.

Note our dog knows the brown stuff to be call dooo dooos.

1 hour ago, wombat nee blownup said:

This is like Prime Ministers question time. Loads of people talking sh1t

The turtle can breath through its bum,

Humans have not yet reached this stage of evolution, although politicians have learned to talk through it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Pet waste in wheelie bins needs to be double bagged - so if it's in a poo bag, then dropped in a big black bag it's compliant.

Issue here is some charming individual who just deposits their poo bags in the wheelie bins as they walk round the village, and the bin collection then won't touch them - grrr !

image.png.2c87226d348ed44c74e786092708591f.png

The last public toilet on Gt Yarmouth seafront is to be decommissioned. A BT spokesman said “people nowadays prefer to hold a mobile phone in one hand and urinate in the gutter as they stagger down the road.
The men are just as bad”.

:default_gbxhmm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I was working on the summer house on Horsey Mere once, when I walked around the corner to find some old dear having a poo on the grass. Evidently the sailing boat didn't have a toilet. 

As for the flicking dog turds into the river, in nearly 10 years working on the broads, I'm yet to meet a dog owner who doesn't. In fairness, there is a lot worse in there. 

I trust that

34 minutes ago, riverman said:

Evidently the sailing boat didn't have a toilet.

No bucket, no bailer nor even a spare coffee mug?

I trust that the old dear had targeted an area of lawn that needed the extra nourishment that only an old dear can provide!  

2 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

I trust that

No bucket, no bailer nor even a spare coffee mug?

I trust that the old dear had targeted an area of lawn that needed the extra nourishment that only an old dear can provide!  

It was you wasn't it! Come on own up, just cos you were wearing the weekend gear doesn't mean you were not spotted......

• Haha 2