KAD42 IMPELLER ADVICE

Having checked my port impeller after running a little hotter than usual i found it to have most fins cracked and bent over and splits in the fins so ive removed it and awaiting the replacement (genuine) part ! , Can anybody offer any advice when replacing the new one please ?? The new kit comes with a new gasket , o ring and some grease , there was no gasket on the face of the pump when i removed it , is the o ring sufficient or do i need to insatll the gasket , maybe clean the faces of pump and cover with a little wet and dry maybe ??

Hi Rob

SOme of the impeller covers have a groove for the o ring, some don't, so use either the o ring or the paper gasket depending on what is suitable for your pump. The grease is to make sure everything is lubed up when you first start as there will be no water in the pump so the impeller will be running dry. If you have a weed filter on the top of the pump, you may like t ofill it up with water before starting for the first time to again help lubrication.