Lightning Strikes Again

9 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

Aw, how was she looking? I know Alan said that she had been sold. . . . . . . .

Much the same as when we looked over her, before buying Norfolk Lady.  The only difference from the outside was that the name that was on it at the time, had been removed.  Obviously, I couldn’t see inside to see if there had been any internal changes.

Not sure if the new owner was cruising with Boycee . . . . perhaps he knows more about it than I do

• Thanks 1

Did speak to the couple that own the boat now who bought it from Sutton Staithe boatyard and now moor at Somerleyton. Sorry cant remember the boat name but they were not with us, they were at a club meet early Christmas Party at the Ferry House think it was The Norfolk Broads Boat Club or something similar

Boycee

• Like 1

We didn't do the Waveney beyond Oulton dyke, that was'nt an option, but, when we're aboard next year, it's something i'l have in mind if we stick on the southern rivers again. Thanks for the heads up. As for WRC, I have it in mind someone on here said their pump out and fuel up was self service?. 

1 hour ago, boycee said:

. . . . . . . . . . . . they were at a club meet early Christmas Party at the Ferry House think it was The Norfolk Broads Boat Club or something similar . . .

Must confess that a Christmas party in September was a bit hard to take.  I was glad that I'd finished my meal before they sang 'We Wish You a Merry Christmas.'  I'd have choked on my dinner!!!!!

• Haha 2

We had finished ours as well.7 of us had been to The Reedcutters to watch The Yare Navi Race and luckily got fed quickly.Strange thing is that when I left to go out on a friends boat at 9am.the board next to me said Norfolk Lady but when we got back around 5.15 a different boat was moored there. Somebody must have switched the boards

Boycee

Saturday morning, about quarter to 5, and i need the loo. So does Karen, so, considering we`ve already had the toilet pumped out, we have to go to the berth holders toilets ashore. This time of year, that time of day is rather dark, so it was good to have some light walking up there, but needed a torch to punch in the code, knowing of course they will open :default_icon_redface:.  With the job done we went back to Lightning and bed, and surprisingly, i go back to sleep till the alarm goes at 06.30. We have a bit of a lye in, but are up before 07.00 as we have to get the rest of the packing done, bedding towels etc, so we quickly get washed and dressed, and get things packed. We go through Lightning cleaning the cooker, sink, toilet and shower compartment, sort out the bedding, which was mostly in the wrong bags and cabins etc when we took her over the previous weekend. We have large sealable bags (from Lakeland) to keep all the bedding in, and have them tagged for each cabin. The big problem is, every time we take Lightning over, the bedding bags are all in the twin cabin aft, and when you open the appropriate bag, it often has the wrong bedding in it, Single duvets in double bags etc, some bags without pillows, it`s a real pain to have to sort them out nearly every trip. With everything now packed, the final clean was to clean the fridge and sink, vacuum through, and fill in the handover sheet. She`s all filled up, cleaned, and ready for her next crew. We get away just after 09.00, and make for the Brundall Coffee Shop for breakfast, which i`m proud to say was a lot smaller than last time we were there. I chose the Big Brundall Beakfast, which WAS big, but this time, i had another toastie, much more comfortable on the long drive home as a result.  We drive up to the fuel station and fill up with petrol. I miss a diesel engine, but the Mazda is reasonably economical if you sit at 70 on the motorway, but drinks it when around town, but our journey of around 250 miles on motorways and dual carraigeways makes the journey less expensive. We stopped once at the services at the A1 M25 junction, but from then on, it was several traffic jams, a bit of road rage on the M3, more traffic jams on the A31, and we`re home 4 1/2 hours later. Our holiday was over, and the washing begins. An evening of washing, with a chinese takeaway in between, and we`re ready for bed, It may only be 250 miles, but on motorways with jams etc, it`s very tiring, and we hit the sack.  But we`ll be back in March, which is a tortuous 6 months away from our lovely boat.

Good night all, till the next time.

• Like 8

Hi Alan, 

Our AGM is in two weeks time. We always have it at the Stibbington Station on the Nene Valley Railway. It's a bit strange to have it there, but it's basically in the middle of where everybody lives, and the meeting room is a lot cheaper than the nearby hotels function room, by a long way too. 

• Like 1