Mooring Advice

Cal

1 hour ago, vanessan said:

I think the moorings are all one and the same and are still owned by Mrs Bondon. The boatyard is Russell’s though. 

Correct.

• Like 1

Is Celia Bondon still alive? My father's boat was built at Bondons in the very early 70s

I think the moorings are all one and the same and are still owned by Mrs Bondon. The boatyard is Russell’s though. 

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

2 minutes ago, Helian said:

Is Celia Bondon still alive? My father's boat was built at Bondons in the very early 70s

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

I met her around 8/9 years ago when we were looking for alternative moorings. As far as I know she is still around but can’t say for sure. 

I have very good friends who moored there first with their V20 then their Broom Skipper. When they moved they asked Mrs Bondon to give me first refusal on the mooring as I had said that I wished to be more central. All this must have been late 2017 so she was certainly in control then. Sadly widowhood and boat ownership did not sit well with me and I sold my boat in February 2018 otherwise I would have loved to take up her offer.

• 1 month later...

After much sole searching we have decided that Naughty-Cal is going for sale so no need for a new mooring.

It will be a sad day when she goes as we have had 12 happy years with her and spent more hours afloat on her then we could ever remember.

She comes out of the water just after the bank holiday weekend for a final few weeks of fettling before she officially goes for sale.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Cal said:

After much sole searching we have decided that Naughty-Cal is going for sale so no need for a new mooring.

It will be a sad day when she goes as we have had 12 happy years with her and spent more hours afloat on her then we could ever remember.

She comes out of the water just after the bank holiday weekend for a final few weeks of fettling before she officially goes for sale.

Life changes, good luck with your sale.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrisB said:

Life changes, good luck with your sale.

Thank you.

Yes things have moved on a little this year. 

We think we will have a short break after selling the boat as we have a few holidays booked for the next 18 months but after that we are thinking we will look into buying a 6m motorhome and do some exploring in that.

We will still visit the Broads on hire boats and in the motorhome of course.

• Like 1