View From My Cockpit This Evening

I'll tell you something though, launching in salt water leaves the bilges much cleaner than the broads Doug. By the time RT had finished filtering the entire Thurne she had quite some silt build up, not the case here.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JanetAnne said:

I'll tell you something though, launching in salt water leaves the bilges much cleaner than the broads Doug. By the time RT had finished filtering the entire Thurne she had quite some silt build up, not the case here.

That’s why I’m not in the wet shed any more makes the boat smell. 

10 hours ago, JanetAnne said:

2 hours ago, brundallNavy said:

That’s why I’m not in the wet shed any more makes the boat smell. 

Oh I say! Hang on a minute chaps! That was not silt, that was dust off Uncle Albert's verrucas! And I will have you know I make boats smell of roses and violets! A bloke could develop a complex you know!  :default_norty:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I`m not sure which one of the old Astons it was, but i took Karen up to the Broads for the first time (04 ithink?) we moored up at the head of Upton dyke, the very first time i`d been up there. When we were there, a couple of woodies came up, one being "Telscombe", which is currently moored at one of the yards at Loddon, and the other was one of the old Cairn / Lion class. I wondered whether it was you JA?.

1 hour ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

I`m not sure which one of the old Astons it was, but i took Karen up to the Broads for the first time (04 ithink?) we moored up at the head of Upton dyke, the very first time i`d been up there. When we were there, a couple of woodies came up, one being "Telscombe", which is currently moored at one of the yards at Loddon, and the other was one of the old Cairn / Lion class. I wondered whether it was you JA?.

Wasn't me, sorry.

Chloe Jane was called Santee Gypsy back then and with her previous owner. She came to me in 2009

The other possibility was one of the slightly shorter  Lion class. We have no history of her having acquired her just a couple of years ago as a derelict.

I believe the rest of the class were either long gone or on other waterways by the turn of the century