Jocelyn From Martham Boats

Broads01

7 hours ago, Smoggy said:

According to the link it's Jocelyn 3 which as far as I know is still on blocks in st.neots  marina with holes in the bottom, I'm now intrigued but can't check for a week as currently moored in Dover marina.

It’s Jocelyn 4 formally Little Grebe.

I've really been liking the look of the Martham fleet recently. I can't help thinking they under sell themselves somewhat. They have the luxury of two unique selling points, being the only all wooden motor cruiser fleet (I know the sailys have the Ludham place) and the only fleet above Potter Bridge, save for the single small boat which Whispering Reeds offer. Increasingly also, they offer the only way of spending time afloat above the bridge in anything other than a day boat or sailing boat. Taking all that in to account, their website is low key and short on interior photos - opportunities missed I feel. 

• Like 4

Wow!

This is great news and I am very tempted to hire. My family's first boat hired on the Broads was Delight in 1947 although I am not sure which one. My understanding is that 4 of the Delights were rebuilt to become Jocelyn class in the late 50s/early 60s by Martham. Therefore I may have the chance to hire a related boat dating from the 30s although after the rebuilds/refits I think it is something akin to Triggers broom all be it a very nice one!

Neil

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 18/07/2019 at 14:14, Broads01 said:

Martham Boats have reinstated Jocelyn in their hire fleet. I'm sure it must be many years since it was last on hire. The interior photos look good. 

https://www.marthamboats.com/hire/motor-cruisers/65-jocelyn-iii

We are selling our Jocelyn for restoration...currently in the shed at Martham. Anybody fancy completing a restoration project? Did a lot of work on the hull but deck, cabin sides and interior needs work...we don't and haven't had the time to complete. Will post elsewhere shortly but if interested then let me know and I'll provide contacts. She could be like the Martham pictures!