Retirement

Stranger

8 hours ago, Ray said:

So it does, they all look pretty smart don't they? Excuse my ignorance but I don't know about Daytona Bill?

Back in the day, there was a certain handsome young forumite (called Daytona Bill) who's addicted to the Broads but a bit outspoken, and one day kept disagreeing with a former mod. Said mod (no longer on the forum for many years) kicked this member out, and blocked him for good, until another (extremely well respected mod) asked him to return, which he duly did. Unfortunately, said mod somehow used his computer skills to permanently block anybody using that name again, so he re-registered under a different name, still to do with his love of the best motorcycle brand in the world, Triumph. His new name is, "Speedtriple". 

They are my pics, Craig asked if he could use some of my pics on his data base, as has Carol on the Broadland Memories website. Craig used pictures of boats, whereas Carol used pictures of anything. 

I'm still outspoken though. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ray said:

So it does, they all look pretty smart don't they? Excuse my ignorance but I don't know about Daytona Bill?

I`d love to see them altogether at the Beccles wooden boat event, that would be really great. It would look like their all lined up ready to go out on hire again.

• Like 1

I was a reluctant “retiree” thanks to redundancy and fully intended to carry on in a part time capacity after a holiday. However, I enjoyed the holiday so much that I then went on another one.

The great thing about retirement years is that once you’ve had them, they can’t take them off you so enjoy every minute while you can

• Like 1