Droning On About Goosander Again

DAVIDH

Thoroughly enjoyed this. Something a little different given you’re on your own in a syndicate boat. And with the drone too. Fabulous photos. 

Forgive my ignorance here but when you’re flying a drone do you have any way of seeing what you’re taking or is it all a surprise saved for when you can load it up?

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, SwanR said:

Forgive my ignorance here but when you’re flying a drone do you have any way of seeing what you’re taking or is it all a surprise saved for when you can load it up?

The drone controller has a screen showing what the camera is capturing. I set it to video the whole journey, then take time to select the best frames, which is easy to do using the Windows 10 photo app. The images are best as the video can be a little affected by the vibration of the propellers. On the more expensive drones, they have a dampener which smooths out the video but as i've  already explained, it's bad enough when £100 of drone goes missing - let alone something costing many times that. Having said all that, it's still a surprise when I get back and see it on the big screen.

DSC03780.JPG

DSC03781.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, SwanR said:

Thanks for the info David. I sometimes take photos that look amazing on the little screen on the back of the camera but rubbish on my computer!! 

The trick is to have a camera with a decent enough megapixel lense (most modern cameras have this anyway) so you can crop it down to just the best bit... for instance, the following shows the dragonfly image before cropping down using the Windows 10 photo app, then the cropped image, which I think looks more interesting. All instructions on how to do it can be found here:
https://www.intowindows.com/how-to-crop-pictures-with-photos-app-in-windows-10/

DSC03558.JPG

dragonfly.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1