2011 HOLIDAY BOOKED

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

YYYIIIIIPPPPPPEEEEEEEEE, I`ve just booked our boat for next June :party::party: . We`ve booked Maffett cruisers "Swallow" for one week commencing Friday 17th June, and hopefully a cottage for the second week so we can drive around other areas in Norfolk. I`ve no doubt it`s very early to bring up, but would anybody be interrested in a forum meet for that weekend, as i`ve never had the chance to attend a meet, but now we`ve got a Friday start, it would be great if we could attend one of Norfolk finest events ;););) . Ideally it would be good to have it south side somewhere? What does everybody think?. Regards to all ........................ Neil :wave:wave

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
cheers Lou, we`ll be looking forward to meeting you, and any other forumites too. We don`t normally have Friday boats, as we have to use an extra day for a weeks, or a fortnights holiday, and generally, we try to space our time off so we get a break evry couple of months or so, but we really wanted to go with Maffett cruisers again, so we had to start on the Friday. However, the upside is that we`ve got an opportunity to make a meet (or mini meet) the following day, and we get a full weekend afterwards. The other thing is, whenever we start from Loddon, we always make Reedham our first night stop. The first time SWMBO came on the Broads, we had Swallow and stopped at Reedham and had a walk down by the Marina, and then up to the church. Walking back, we took a wrong turn, and ended up by Petit`s and had a much longer walk, but it was good to see the countryside we would have missed. Anyway, it`s a long way off, but the way this year has shot by, it`ll come pretty quickly. Regards, and have a good weekend, ................. Neil. :wave:wave

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
Hi Niel

you have a while to wait cheersbarcheersbar

Jonny ice sliceice slice

We could`nt wait much longer Jonny as Maffetts have already got a lot of bookings for next year. I wanted that week because of the start of the fishing season as well as the longer daylight hours for fishing, and it`s not in the school holiday times. You never know Jonny, if you get a boat that week, we may see you up there?. Regards ................... Neil.

We could`nt wait much longer Jonny as Maffetts have already got a lot of bookings for next year. I wanted that week because of the start of the fishing season as well as the longer daylight hours for fishing, and it`s not in the school holiday times. You never know Jonny, if you get a boat that week, we may see you up there?. Regards ................... Neil.

Hi Neil

would love to to meet you at last Niel but were booked for 6th august with Richardson's

Jonny ice sliceice slice

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

OK, so we`ve got Swallow booked for late June, now we`ve got a riverside cottage on the Ant at Irstead booked for the following week, I CAN`T WAIT :trophy:trophy:trophy . From boatyard straight to cottage, YYYIIIIIPPPPPPEEEEEEEEE.

Neil

You have made a good choice as Irstead is a lovely place to see,if you are on the Ant I could even bring Rosie up and see you and SWMBO,we will be on Holiday in June the week after Whitsun,so we will not be away at the same time,and fishing the Broads for free. cheersbarcheersbar

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
Hi Neil

Well if you must be land-bound for a week that's got to be the best location to settle for!

Sounds great,

Dan

I would prefer to be "waterbound" for both weeks Dan, but i`m now a married man, and compromises have to be reached :roll::roll: . The upside is i can leave my tackle set up for the week, and be fishing every evening. I think i may have a certain Thorpe resident w44nting to pay us a visit and fish for some specimen Bream and Roach :naughty::naughty::naughty: . Seriously though, i know what you mean Dan, Irstead is one of my favourite stretches of river, and if the sun is shining, there`s nowhere else on the Broads more beautiful :love:love .

... Irstead is one of my favourite stretches of river, and if the sun is shining, there`s nowhere else on the Broads more beautiful :love:love .

I agree. It's true beauty appears on a Friday and Saturday afternoon, from around 3pm as a mass of brightly painted motor cruisers seem to suddenly appear from somewhere.

Watch that little dog of w44nty's doesn't chase you into the river... looks a little monkey to me!

Dan

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

I agree. It's true beauty appears on a Friday and Saturday afternoon, from around 3pm as a mass of brightly painted motor cruisers seem to suddenly appear from somewhere.

What that little dog of w44nty's doesn't chase you into the river... looks a little monkey to me!

Dan

Just like his master i`l wager :naughty::naughty::naughty::lol::lol:

She will be 1 year old next June,so I think if Neil beats me at fishing she might have a few words to say,I have got a year to train her to bite your line through if you are playing a big un.

Remember next year she will no longer be a little dog,but a big hungry German Shepherd

:naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
So will there be an NBN mooring available in Irstead that week?

You might get some visitors!

We will expect you to indicate your location by having the flag flying....

Don`t know what the owners would say, but if i had my way there most definately WOULD be. As for the NBN flag, id have it hanging off the end my fishing rod :lol::lol::lol: . Seriously though, that`s a very good idea Martin, i`l have to start looking at the forum shop. Regards to all .................. Neil.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

BUGGER!................ I`ve just discovered by looking at google maps, that Angler cottage is NOT on the riverside at all. It IS however, adjacent to Gaye`s staithe, but on the opposite side of the road, so the dock in the pictures is misleading. I think a bit more research is needed next time :oops::oops::oops: . Never mind, anybody in the locale that week is still more than welcome to call in. Regards to all (but in a disappointed sort of way) .................... Neil.