Still Hot.

Poppy

It was lovely taking the dogs out this morning, a cool and gentle drizzle was so refreshing. 

I remember staying in a hotel in Borneo a few years back. The air conditioning was soooo cold but going out on the balcony was like walking into a sauna! I really wasn’t sure where I wanted to be - inside or outside. The orangutans made my mind up for me. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SwanR said:

Been difficult at work this week. We supposedly have “climate control “ in the building but it’s rubbish. Over 29 degrees in the office so I was moving staff around to try to get them into the one or two rooms where we actually had cooler air coming through. Really not good! Gave them longer lunch breaks and let some go home early. 

our office managed to slowly climb to 29 on thursday as the air con units lost their fight against the flat steel roof soaking up the sun, downstairs their two identical air con units were keeping them at a cool 21 degrees.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Coryton said:

Something I dislike in the US in the summer is the way I have to carry a jumper around to put on when I go indoors because the air conditioning is usually set to such an excessive level.

I had a battle with the cleaners in a hotel in Hawaii once. I'd come back to the room in the evening and set it to a pleasant temperature. I'd go out to work the next day, then when I got back it would be set to Arctic again.

We were having to do this also, it could also explain why the locals were walking round with trousers or long sleeved clothing on!

Talking to a few residents they are not all heat lovers and stay inside as much as possible when the temperatures reach the hottest.