Anyone Fancy A Trip Under Potter Bridge?

JanetAnne

Yes she went through at 6'5 1/2" with close to 20 people on board including a family who just happened to be passing at the right moment.

I did try to film it from the back deck but it wasn't my camera and I didn't set it right :default_blush:

A fabulous effort from the forum members though for which we thank you all.

Piccys to follow once the nice young lady who sat on the bench, camera poised, whilst her hubby took his life in his hands aboard Finale gets home and posts them. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Kron said:

Have you just come through for a holiday or are you relocating?

Through for Beccles Wooden Boat Show (Finale is support boat, tow boat, breakdown cover etc)

She has a permament mooring at West Somerton, however, it's getting harder and harder to get her through and so she may well move next season permanently. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, JanetAnne said:

Through for Beccles Wooden Boat Show (Finale is support boat, tow boat, breakdown cover etc)

Ahhh the beauty of GRP shows itself again.

9 hours ago, JanetAnne said:

She has a permament mooring at West Somerton, however, it's getting harder and harder to get her through and so she may well move next season permanently. 

That's a story that's ringing bells somewhere in my memory>

12 hours ago, Kron said:

We saw her there in June when we moored on the 24hr moorings. It's certainly a lovely quiet spot!

It is.

The weed is a constant issue , it's absolutely rampant in places but apart from that it's a superb home for a boat except for the bridge. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kron said:

Presumably at some point after the weekend then you are going to need to go back under the bridge?

I reckon there may be another plea sometime in October. She'll normally spend a couple of months or so out and about now though she is also due for a repaint so it's possible she will then over winter in Lowestoft.

• Like 1