• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

Sign in to follow this  
JanetAnne

Anyone Fancy A Trip Under Potter Bridge?

Yes she went through at 6'5 1/2" with close to 20 people on board including a family who just happened to be passing at the right moment.

I did try to film it from the back deck but it wasn't my camera and I didn't set it right :default_blush:

A fabulous effort from the forum members though for which we thank you all.

Piccys to follow once the nice young lady who sat on the bench, camera poised, whilst her hubby took his life in his hands aboard Finale gets home and posts them. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I tried to record it on my phone from the webcam but it all went black just as she came through, 20 seconds earlier the webcam had the perfect view!

Thanks for the ride really enjoyed it. Some pictures taken with my shaking hand ,I shut m eyes after the 3rd picture and got under the galley table! The young lady will a along with her pictures shortly.

IMG_6507.JPG

IMG_6509.JPG

IMG_6510.JPG

IMG_6511.JPG

IMG_6512.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Have you just come through for a holiday or are you relocating?

Hope we have 6ft6 on wednesday, could leave the screens up !

Think there is something happening south, with old boats made of sticks and tar.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Kron said:

Have you just come through for a holiday or are you relocating?

Through for Beccles Wooden Boat Show (Finale is support boat, tow boat, breakdown cover etc)

She has a permament mooring at West Somerton, however, it's getting harder and harder to get her through and so she may well move next season permanently. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, JanetAnne said:

Through for Beccles Wooden Boat Show (Finale is support boat, tow boat, breakdown cover etc)

Ahhh the beauty of GRP shows itself again.

9 hours ago, JanetAnne said:

She has a permament mooring at West Somerton, however, it's getting harder and harder to get her through and so she may well move next season permanently. 

That's a story that's ringing bells somewhere in my memory>

11 hours ago, JanetAnne said:

She has a permament mooring at West Somerton.

We saw her there in June when we moored on the 24hr moorings. It's certainly a lovely quiet spot!

12 hours ago, Kron said:

We saw her there in June when we moored on the 24hr moorings. It's certainly a lovely quiet spot!

It is.

The weed is a constant issue , it's absolutely rampant in places but apart from that it's a superb home for a boat except for the bridge. 

• Like 2

Oh, the weed!

Love how quiet West Somerton is, but the weed! 

Presumably at some point after the weekend then you are going to need to go back under the bridge?

2 hours ago, Kron said:

Presumably at some point after the weekend then you are going to need to go back under the bridge?

I reckon there may be another plea sometime in October. She'll normally spend a couple of months or so out and about now though she is also due for a repaint so it's possible she will then over winter in Lowestoft.

• Like 1