Active And Afloat

Broads01

Having amassed a fair few Tesco Clubcard vouchers (about £250 worth if I apply for one of the 'Tesco Rewards' offers, I perused the Tewsco website to see if there were any boating deals in the holidays section. That led me to Active and Afloat (activeandafloat.co.uk). I also picked up a brochure for the same from a travel agent. The good news is, from the photos and locations offered, it seems I could use the vouchers towards a Broads holiday because it seems Le Boat is somehow linked in to Active and Afloat. The bad news is that neither on the website nor in the brochure isthere any detail whatsoever about boats, prices or anything. Does anyone have any experience of this holiday operation?

I seem to remember reading something before that they were significantly more expensive than direct booking with Le Boat (if your luck's like mine probably by £250?!)... still every little helps doesn't it (Dan rolls eyes and throws his Tesco doordrop mailing accross the room).

I too will be interested to see how it works and if it is a good deal or a joke.

Dan

Hi Simon

I looked into this last year as I too had amassed a good few Tescos vouchers .... the prices I found were considerably more expensive than booking the same boat through Blakes or Hoseasons (whichever Le Boat are with!). In the end, the savings made didn't seem that great a deal even though my £100 worth of vouchers would have taken £400 off the price .... if memory serves me right, the cheapest boat they had would still have cost me around another £300 -£400 on top .... and that was for an October week !

Carol

I should add ... with what is effectively £1,000 to spend on boat then you could get a free weeks holiday by booking this way ... but it is a boat that would probably cost you £600 if you booked direct. If I had enough for a completely free week then I'd probably go for it ... but they keep having special offers to double up your vouchers for wine and clothes so the vouchers disappear! :oops:

Carol