recommendation

Guest craggie

anyone got a good recommendation for a boatyard to hire a boat from for next year someone from another site as suggested summercraft or whispering reeds to me what are your thoughts i see you advertise richardsons

Hi Stephen

I usually hire from Swancraft at Brundall. However as has been mentioned Richardsons have an excellent reputation. The other yards you refer to are also highly regarded. My sister hires from Summercraft and rates them highly. Whispering Reeds also have an excellent reputation as a very friendly family run yard. I’ve also been with Royalls who also enjoy a very good reputation, with many loyal followers. I was certainly impressed.

DRL at Ludham enjoy a good reputation for customer service, again I can vouch for this having been with them also. There’s a few for starters!

cheersbar

hi, dont think you would be upset if you booked a boat from any of the yards mentioned so far. weve hired from them all apart from swancraft and their boats allways look smart.summercrafts boats are imho the best looking boats on the rivers allways in first class condition and good customer service plus seeing brian in his hot pants shorts is allways good for the comerdy vaule :naughty::naughty: sorry brian.

thanks andy

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Craggie, Depending on how many are going, Maffett Cruisers are excellent, (we`ve just booked with them for next June), but only have boats that sleep a max of 5. Google Maffett riverside, and all their info is there. Summercraft are excellent, with arguably the prettiest boatyard on the Broads, and they have a wide selection of boats from 2-8 so will definately have something to suit. Whispering reeds have got a very good reputation, but i`ve never hired from them. This year we hired from Bridgecraft, and were very happy with what we had (Tower Bridge). Silverline from Brundall also have a very good reputation. To be honest, there are very few yards i would`nt hire from, but i won`t say in open forum, as i might get sued :lol: . If you give us a bit more info, we may be able to be more specific. One thing i will say is that Richardsons have really been investing in new boats, and have the biggest selection of shapes and sizes available on the broads, and are well worth consideration. I jope this all helps. Regards .............. Neil. PS, i forgot to say welcome to the forum :wave:wave:wave:wave .

We're hiring the Swan Radiance for my 40th next year - picking her up on 4th June. Has anyone hired her that could let us know what you thought of her ?

Its our first time hiring from Swancraft, I hear good things about them I hope they live up to the hype !

cheers

Justin

Hi Justin

Good choice, you cannot go wrong with Swancraft IMHO. Swan Radiance is brand new to the fleet this year, fitted out by Swancraft themselves on an Alpha hull. Ideal for your 40th. We have booked Radiance for later in the year. However we were shown around in May when it had only been on hire for a few weeks. I have attached some internal pictures if this helps. We also hired the Radiance sister craft (Swan Roamer) last year. Very comfortable, well fitted out and as with all Swancraft boats everything is well maintained and works as it should. The whirlpool bath is great fun too! The boats handle well and are very quiet underway. Economical too, all Swancraft use modern Beta diesels.

We have used Swancraft for many years and they are our first choice boatyard. As a small family run yard you get friendly, personal service and nothing is too much trouble for them. The fleet are maintained to a very high standard, we have only had 2 very minor faults in many weeks of hire. Most of the fleet is modern and new craft are added regularly. All boats are fitted with bowthrusters.

If you need any more info please let me know!

You’ll have a great holiday.

cheersbar

post-131-13671375501_thumb.jpg

post-131-136713755025_thumb.jpg

post-131-136713755039_thumb.jpg

post-131-136713755292_thumb.jpg

post-131-136713755306_thumb.jpg