It Couldn't Be....is It......

NorfolkNog

Well I have moved round to herringfleet moorings to await the crossing of the red sea by the Egyptians (sorry, the rest of the wooden boat fleet crossing Breydon this morning. I did find a problem on my engine check this morning, I needed to add 1/2 litre of water to the cooling system, plus one of the alternator bolts had lost its nut (I can see it sitting in the engine drip tray, just out of reach). Temporarily I have added a cable tie around the thread to stop it dropping off, but the battery is charging ok.

• Like 1

So, are you all safely moored at Beccles now. It's a bit breezy here at St Olaves.

Hope to come and see you all on Sunday for the jumble.

Colin and Ruth :default_beerchug:

P.s. What time does the jumble start. We need a fat fender!

We will try to make the effort. Shame some of you have to leave so early in the day. Sunday looks to be the better day with the wind easing, should we miss you I hope you all have a safe journey to home moorings.

Colin :default_beerchug:

Boat breakfast time again, beans and sausages on boat made bread toast.

Yesterday for the bring and share buffet I made a loaf of bread and some rolls, when I went to look at the aftermath this morning there were just 3 slices of bread remaining, not being a waster, I recovered them for my breakfast toast.

IMG_20190811_072313.jpg

• Like 1

Well we left Beccles at 10.15 aiming for Breydon at 3pm, we were an hour early due to a combination of wind and tide, despite me stopping off to help some poor boaters who were stranded in the reeds, they waved and called, having just waved to the two boats in front and received a friendly wave in return, it turned out their outboard had stopped working and they wanted a tow back to the waveney river centre. I did point out as a hire boat I shouldn't really tow them but I took off the two non swimmers and gave them a bow and stern rope to tow alongside., We got them all safely back to the WRC and I dropped them off at the refueling quay., Then it was back toward Breydon, by the time I got to dt places bridge I realised I was going to be an hour early, so from then on it was Rickover and down with the tide, I got to burgh castle to find the other 2 boats I had been travelling with m9red up there, do I joined them, little lady Helena joined us shortly after, and about 2.15 we departed across Breydon, arriving spot on at 3pm, a little outgoing tide but not enough to worry about. Just before 5pm we arrived at Stracey arms mooring, and two of us moored up for the night, the other two boats heading on.

• Like 6