Hire Boats Stuck In The Yards Tomorrow?

We are moored at Womack hoping to return to our Waxham mooring within a couple of days. We need about 6ft 2ins. For ph bridge. Given that the wind is supposed to die down tomorrow does anyone know how long the high water will remain?-it seems high here at the moment. We always use the pilot and will consult them later, but don’t want to bother them too early. Thanks for any info. 

I see that Norfolk Broads Direct have cancelled all their boat trips and day boats for today. And I believe that Herbert Woods were not letting their dayboats out today either.

It's certainly very windy here in Essex this morning with a few showers blowing through.

18 minutes ago, SwanR said:

I see that Norfolk Broads Direct have cancelled all their boat trips and day boats for today. And I believe that Herbert Woods were not letting their dayboats out today either.

It's certainly very windy here in Essex this morning with a few showers blowing through.

Seen a couple of Richardson's day boats. One of them with people all over the roof and front, no lifejackets, sounding the horn for fun.

Not impressed.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Coryton said:

Seen a couple of Richardson's day boats. One of them with people all over the roof and front, no lifejackets, sounding the horn for fun.

Not impressed.

Now seen several more Richardson's day boats. And a ranger launch doing whatever they do.

10 minutes ago, Coryton said:

Not impressed.

Now seen several more Richardson's day boats. And a ranger launch doing whatever they do.

John - don't quote me on this but for what it is worth, the water being high has less to do with the wind, but the barometric pressure. Having said that the next high is bound to be lower because of the wind blowing the water out of the North Sea -  whether the wind will last long enough to impact Broadland water levels remains to be seen!!

Check this though - the last high was lower than predicted as will the next I guess

https://www.ntslf.org/data/realtime?port=Lowestoft

• Thanks 1

The good news too, is that Windguru continue to downgrade their predictions.

More worryingly it begins to indicate that similar continues to be forecast for next weekend - thats MILES away and almost certainly only a guess but you boys will have a field day if the BA feel the need to employ a meteorologist so they can tell us what to do every weekend!!!!:default_biggrin:

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Just been watching catchpro and a couple of boats went past, and then a ranger launch. There were about 4 - 5 Brooms boats trying to get moored up about 08.55.  Some waves and white horses at Brundall.

What is catchpro?

Finally ... one hour ago the Broads Authority posted on Facebook as below.

Urgent Boating News - Breydon Water is currently closed to hire craft due to poor weather conditions and is expected to remain closed for the rest of today.

1 hour ago, Hylander said:

What is catchpro?

Catchpro is a webcam at Brundall that views upriver past Brooms.  There`s a thread about it called "New Webcam", where you can click on a link and watch the river. I keep watching on Saturdays to see if i can see Lightning leaving her mooring (sadly without us being aboard).

• Like 1

We cruised through Horning this morning. Plenty of boats about and on the move. We even managed a perfect mooring into Boulters (Nobody Other than their staff to see it though!).
Later whilst having breakfast a number of day boats were out and about.

Sent from my iPhone using Norfolk Broads Network

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChrisB said:

I heard on VHF that someone is aground on Breydon.

l saw a post on another Norfolk forum about 3 hours ago from a lady stating that her husband had been called out to a boat aground on the Breydon. Someone replied that they thought it was closed to hire boats. The reply was, It is a private boat.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ChrisB said:

I heard on VHF that someone is aground on Breydon.

I saw a post on another broads website from a lady who said that her husband had been called out to attend a boat aground on Breydon. Someone replied, I thought it was closed to hire boats. the reply was, It is a private boat. This was a couple of hours ago.

A post from the rescue boat said that it was I little  Sealine cruiser that had run aground and was being battled by the waves.