Perkins Diesels On Seamaster 27.

5 hours ago, TheLaird said:

So if the G clamp  has not been 'noticed' in 5 - 6 years, has the oil and filters been changed in that time?  The general wiring looks like a disaster!  I think there is something in the BSS about suporting cables and insulation.

Check BSS part 3.2.1R    2R & 3R       and  part 3.4.2R   January 2013  

Also BSS  part 3.3.1

Is the lower wire connected and the 'loom' above looks a bit short of insulation.  (Arrows).

But I am a bit picky!

Clive.

wires123.jpg

Yes Clive, 

I can't believe someone would own a boat for 5/6 years & not look at the engines, but maybe some do & I am coming to think I could believe it of these owners 🤔

Glad you have walked from this one! As has been said, are you only going to use it on the river? If so, I can't see that twin engines are any great advantage. Apart from having twice the worry of maintenance, you'll never be able to use them to full potential. Of course, if you plan going coastal, that's a different ball game entirely.

• Like 1

I`m really surprised looking at that pile of crap they put it up for sale, unless of course it was advertised as a project (and i DON`T mean a Project 31).  Definitely NOT financial viable, with a lot of work and money to be spent, and the boat would probably not be worth as much as the money spent. All you are effectively doing is restoring somebody elses boat, somebody else being the person you sell it to.

3 hours ago, brundallNavy said:

That G clamp looks brand new and would be rusty if it had been there 6 + years. Bodge job walk away plenty more to choose from. 

If it had been there 5 or 6 years chances are it would have worked itself loose and been lying in the bilges long before now! 

On 13/08/2019 at 22:55, Regulo said:

Glad you have walked from this one! As has been said, are you only going to use it on the river? If so, I can't see that twin engines are any great advantage. Apart from having twice the worry of maintenance, you'll never be able to use them to full potential. Of course, if you plan going coastal, that's a different ball game entirely.

Yeh - walked away 😆.. Will let some1 else have it 🙄. Keep looking when I have time 😉

• Like 2