Fair Prince 12th - 23rd August 2019

Kron

Thursday 22nd August

Think we both had too much sun yesterday as we both got up feeling really rough this morning so just had a very slow and steady cruise back to Wroxham, rewarded again by another otter sighting making that 5 in total this holiday.

Back through the bridge with Pat this time and moored back in the boatyard while we had a leisurely stroll through Wroxham before bacon butties and back on the river. We cruised very gently towards Salhouse where we just went in for a nosey before mud-weighting on Hoveton Broad for a few hours of chilling. We chatted about all the places we had been this holiday. We decided that as it was our last night we would go out for a meal so we showered and changed before starting the cruise back to the boatyard at about 6pm. Normally that last cruise is a sad affair but we were both ready to get home to our own bed etc so just enjoyed the peace and tranquility of our surroundings with hardly another boat on the river. We were going to go to either the Bridge at Acle or the Swan at Stalham but  in the end went to Liberty's in Wroxham where we had a very enjoyable meal. A lovely way to finish our holiday.

IMG_20190822_090001.jpg

last cruise.jpg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, SwanR said:

Really enjoyed reading your tale and seeing your photos. Having hired the same boat myself always seems to add an extra spark of interest to see what someone else has been doing with "my boat"!

Indeed.

I want to know what people have been doing with "our boat" since we left it in Potter Heigham...

• Like 2