Luna’s Log

Lulu

2 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

Yes, granted, I've been going to the Neatished staithe in a 27ft aft cockpit Elysian. Next time, I'm going to be in a 42ft centre cockpit Aquafibre. I might not be so cocky about it now. 

Show your resolve and reverse in (skilfully avoiding the fishermen). Then much easier to get out when you've had a beer or 3 in the White Horse (when it's open of course) been there, got T shirt etc :default_drinks:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Show your resolve and reverse in (skilfully avoiding the fishermen).

I was going to suggest that myself. You have a boat that will behave beautifully when going stern first. You will be able to impress the bystanders with your boat handling!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

This could be interesting. I have always gone into Neatished staithe stern first, so no change there, but looking at the surveyors pictures, I was very surprised to see how small the bow thruster hole is. I thought them much larger. Opinions please!

Corsica 2 (28).JPG

That almost looks like a snoring hole rather than a bow thruster unless it's one of those really clever water jet versions?

23 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

Show your resolve and reverse in (skilfully avoiding the fishermen). Then much easier to get out when you've had a beer or 3 in the White Horse (when it's open of course) been there, got T shirt etc :default_drinks:

Or do what we do and turn. round in the Dyke and not with the ropes. :default_beerchug:

45 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Looks like you had a wonderful short cruise , shame we missed you 

It was amazing and now have another fantastic memory to look back on. Hopefully see you and Kate out and about soon 

• 3 months later...

29th March 2021

Well after much anxiety worrying about what we would find wrong when we got to the boat yesterday, the only thing was a lost NBN burgee that must have detached itself from the mast and a rather tattered bow rope.  

We cleaned the boat inside and out. Only one spot of mould in a cupboard and general dust.  The dehumidifier had done a fantastic job. We put on the new ensign, swapped ropes around, and the engine started first turn. Good ole Perkins.  Got to admit, we both got rather emotional. Yep we are soppy but this last lockdown has definitely been the worst for us and I think it was a mixture of relief and now good times ahead. I sat on the bow for a while in the marina in the glorious sun shine . It was such a good day.   We had arrived at the marina around 7.30 and left at 11.00. We spent the rest of the day at home washing all the curtains, and other soft furnishings which are now ready to take back after the 12th April.

Today our new four legged crew member arrives who we hope will love the boat.

9DAACD1F-4D47-410B-B9F8-07A22A4AEE19.jpeg

49250EFF-3EBC-4E7F-BBFB-CA1AB98FCF71.jpeg

• Like 4

Pictures of the new crew member soon please. From our own experiences and reading of others, there are few dogs that don’t take to boating. They seem to love it.  
(We desperately need a new ensign but my better half won’t have one because he says it will make us look like newbies. I’m going to sneak one aboard one day when he’s not looking!)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vanessan said:

Pictures of the new crew member soon please. From our own experiences and reading of others, there are few dogs that don’t take to boating. They seem to love it.  
(We desperately need a new ensign but my better half won’t have one because he says it will make us look like newbies. I’m going to sneak one aboard one day when he’s not looking!)

The ensign was so faded it looked like we didn't care! There you go, a good excuse for a new one!  Will post crew photo soon :)

• Like 1

Much excitement in your house today Sam, I'm sure. Desmond will love the boat, beautiful weather today perfect for introducing the new arrival  to his new neighbourhood and letting him check out the nearest park! Hope you have a lovely day.

Carole

• Like 2