Tinted Windows

Andrewcook

20 minutes ago, vanessan said:

My sentiments entirely. I am a big fan of large windows in a boat, like marshman I don’t have a problem with curtains. Some of the newer boats appear to have large tinted windows with tiny areas that open. I can’t see the benefit in them but I may be missing something.

Clearly it depends on the level of tinting, but the trains from Cardiff to London used to have heavily tinted windows - presumably to make it easier for people to see their laptop screens.

They made a nice sunny day look overcast and an overcast day look dreadful. And at night you could barely see anything.

The new trains have nice clear windows, and blinds.

(Well actually the windows aren't clear because they don't ever seem to be washed and they are filthy, but apart from that...)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Coryton said:

I think what I don't realise is the benefit from tinting windows at all.

In particular I found it quite odd to pass a boat and not to be able to see the person at the helm.

I guess I`m alone not liking to feel like a goldfish in a bowl when moored then and a lot of materials used internally fade in colour from exposure in time. 

Won`t have that problem with a light tint.

1 minute ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

I guess I`m alone not liking to feel like a goldfish in a bowl when moored then and a lot of materials used internally fade in colour from exposure in time. 

Won`t have that problem with a light tint.

I see the point about fading.

I don't have a problem with people peeking through the windows if the curtains are open though.

49 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

I guess I`m alone not liking to feel like a goldfish in a bowl when moored then

Not alone, OBB I like to see the views and still feel I have a bit of privacy, tinted windows give me that feeling, so I only usually put up the curtains at bedtime on the shore side if the boat has them. 

• Like 1

On 17/08/2019 at 20:29, Andrewcook said:

As to New Cruisers have got Tinted Windows I believe would it make any difference  of the Older model  Cruisers with its Hired or Private or Syndicate'  have them flitted as it does gives it some privacy while on board plus it may cut down any intruders at the same time? What are the Forums opinions on this issue?

Andrew Cook 

Right pot of marmite you opened here Andrew !  :default_biggrin:

5 hours ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Same applies for opaque & frosted bathroom windows, a fact my new neighbour in her new house doesn`t realise so forum members do I or do I not inform her? :default_icon_redface:

Best post the pictures you took here first so we can help your decision.

• Haha 2