New boats at Le Boat

Dan

Hi Everyone

I got a postcard through today from Le Boat advertising their new boats for 2011.

After diving on the website it appears they arent available in the UK next year, but from the illustration it looks as though it could be Broads compatible if the beam is not too great, which I guess is a real possibility given many of the recent European designs.

They appear to have taken the 'hotel concept' and tried to apply it as directly as they can to a boat....

http://www.leboat.co.uk/leboat1500

Dan

Always difficult to see from line drawings but I like the idea of some of the innovative ideas. You have to keep up with expectations and Benetau have always been in the forefront - just look at their sailing boats and how we all sneered. But as a result Westerly went bust more than once!!!

I bet they will be booked solid and thats the judgment any operator will make.

I do think here on the Broads we do not look too hard at new ideas and some things need changing - not necessarily design profiles though.

I bet they will be booked solid and thats the judgment any operator will make.I.

I'm not so sure about that. We went to Venice in 2008 and 2009 and both times chose the cheapest boat to acconodate our party. In 2008 we had the 'Tower' (12 berth) as we were a party of 7 and every time we met other hirers they were extremely envious. (One German couple even made us write down all the details so they could book it for the following year). Last year there were only 4 of us so we had the 6 berth Merchant, and we had 3 other hirers wanting to look around.

The problem is, I think, that Leboat in Europe use the same craft at all their destinations instead of tailoring them to their clientele. Most people who visit Italy use the boats as a floating hotel room /tour bus and to be honest, their newer designs leave a lot to be desired in this regard.

Hmm. Very reminiscent of Ferry Marina's designs. Maybe the same architect?

It's interesting to see negative comments on new designs such as these. We see new shapes in the automotive world all the time which are commonly embraced and duplicated. In the cruiser world, it's more like Marmite.

There have been curious designs in the past that never really got copied; Topcraft's boat caravan concept springs to mind along with some of the very boxy Powels offerings.

• 3 months later...

LIKE IT!!!!! tell you what some thought has gone in to that dint like the design photos but the finished product WOW xmas3xmas3

i hate to think what they would charge if they put some in hire?

Jonny ice sliceice slice

Fancy vessel, but at 49x15ft we wont be seeing them operating on the Bure!

Very green Hybrid Diesel / Solar Powered Electric but with all the electrical appliances

that they have put into her she better have a very large set of panels!

I wonder if she is a true hybrid (diesel providing drive), or Diesel Electric with the engine providing power for an electic motor?

They also seem to contradict themselves on that web-page, she is 4 + 1 (two double/twin cabins) + saloon, but elsewhere they say "berths 7 (max)".

Martin

Fancy vessel, but at 49x15ft we wont be seeing them operating on the Bure!

Very green Hybrid Diesel / Solar Powered Electric but with all the electrical appliances

that they have put into her she better have a very large set of panels!

I wonder if she is a true hybrid (diesel providing drive), or Diesel Electric with the engine providing power for an electic motor?

They also seem to contradict themselves on that web-page, she is 4 + 1 (two double/twin cabins) + saloon, but elsewhere they say "berths 7 (max)".

Martin

well i dint see no solar panels in that vid

Martin

Just typical boat speak ...... If there is space to stretch out (or not in some cases) that's considered a berth.

A broom cupboard in boat speak would be a "stateroom".

well i dint see no solar panels in that vid

Jonny, In the web-page http://www.leboat.co.uk/flotte/15023 it looks like she has a large panel on the forward roof

(i.e. over the saloon).

Going back to find the link to that, I came across their other proposed layouts, so it looks like she will come in 2 cabin / 3 cabin / 4 cabin and with (supposedly) up to 10 berths on the 4 cabin version.

Not my type of boat at all. I don't think many of the modern boats have anywhere as much charactor as say a Hampton Safari or Ocean 30 etc. Better looking than one of those ugly floating caravans that Topcraft has though :lol:

Its bigger than my old terraced house!

I reckon the trial run may be slightly longer than normal but it is all very nice inside, very much the floating hotel..

I suspect the front door may leak, if it is not dropped and smashed (bit like a Calypso)

I have not been able to find a price for it but have not tried too hard...

The anchor cable locker is obviously under the foredeck, but I couldn't see any access hatch,

and no mention of an electric windlass but I assume it must have one.

I also wonder where they stow the ropes and fenders,

or do they regard them as ugly essentials that clutter up the clean lines.

The boat show video gives a good idea of what the interior fit out is like

but not much information about the logistics of going cruising on her.

Did you notice the built in barbeque and fridge on the sundeck?

Clive, A week in the Camargue on a 15-03-04 (6 berths + 4 ) is shown as a mere £4,025 + insurance waiver

a 15-04-1 (8 berths + 1) is a bit more £4,130 + insurance waiver

As Jonny would say OUCH! :o:o:o

Clive, A week in the Camargue on a 15-03-04 (6 berths + 4 ) is shown as a mere £4,025 + insurance waiver

a 15-04-1 (8 berths + 1) is a bit more £4,130 + insurance waiver

As Jonny would say OUCH! :o :o :o

i think they will be selling them from the fleet soon like the old fleet at those prices

Jonny ice sliceice slice