Carried Away By A Moonlight Shadow...

YnysMon

Having seen the news this morning that BoJo is considering another lockdown, we did wonder whether it was worth bothering to go to Norfolk today. Depending on what they announce on Monday, we might well have to curtail our visit. Still we are all packed up and almost ready to set off. Even a few days on MS are better than none at all.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Having seen the news this morning that BoJo is considering another lockdown, we did wonder whether it was worth bothering to go to Norfolk today. Depending on what they announce on Monday, we might well have to curtail our visit. Still we are all packed up and almost ready to set off. Even a few days on MS are better than none at all.

Boris usually announces things a few days ahead so you may be lucky and get your full week, or most of it anyway. 

4 minutes ago, SwanR said:

Go for it! Talk to no-one. Stay offline. No radio or tv. No contact with the outside world. Keep your phones turned off. How would you even know what is announced?! If you’re in the middle of nowhere on a boat .... 

Just watch out for those BA rangers!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YnysMon said:

Press conference at 16.00hrs.          :default_hiding:

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, YnysMon said:

Even a few days on MS are better than none at all.

Enjoy as much time as possible and I know you will just go with the flow 

The press conference has been put back to 5pm, so hopefully you will be able to get a few more days in yet

Looks like our 21st Nov trip is looking more remote now though and to be frank, I cant see a lockdown of 3 or 4 weeks making much difference as I fear we will be in and out of lockdowns until the weather improves in March 21 and then it will all start again around October next year when the cold weather starts to bite again

My son recently said his days felt like "Eat", "Drink", COVID", "Repeat" and we all laughed.............but it is sadly very true and may be for some considerable time

• Like 2

6.30 now with a probable lockdown from Thursday,

My plan was up next Sunday for a week,

Now looking like Monday till thursday.

I need to change the domestic battery bank, 3 x 110 A batteries as one has started to fail, they don't make batteries to last these days.

They have only lasted nearly 9 years. :default_biggrin:

Yay! We have until Wednesday at least.
Slight dispute on board. Graham wants to go to Caister-on-sea tomorrow. I’d like to cruise (depending on how strong the winds are) or at least go somewhere new.
Doesn’t really matter. Now that we know we have a few more days we are chilled.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Yay! We have until Wednesday at least.
Slight dispute on board. Graham wants to go to Caister-on-sea tomorrow. I’d like to cruise (depending on how strong the winds are) or at least go somewhere new.
Doesn’t really matter. Now that we know we have a few more days we are chilled.

Does the dog (Seren?) have a vote?  :default_biggrin:

• Haha 1

Sometimes it's better to go where you know. So if Caister has what you want then that's as good a place as any if the weather is not good for cruising. Alternatively get on down to Lowestoft. Plenty of car parking on the front. And wide sandy beaches where dogs are allowed now it's out of season. A couple of very good tea rooms along there too which were still open a couple of weeks ago although I can't vouch for now.