Carried Away By A Moonlight Shadow...

YnysMon

Guest Jayfire
55 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

The wind is already picking up. 

You had a curry Helen? :default_smiley-angelic002:

My little boat is rocking away...the wind is moving it along too :default_norty:

3 hours ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Wednesday is looking good (:default_gbxhmm:) Travel back Thursday am.

We’ll go along with what our management company recommend. We need to get refuelled and a pump out, and the Brooms kiosk will probably close 4pm Wednesday. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, YnysMon said:

We’ll go along with what our management company recommend. We need to get refuelled and a pump out, and the Brooms kiosk will probably close 4pm Wednesday. 

Helen I would check with the Broom fuel station to see when they are going to be around, they will prioritise their own hire craft.

Regards

Alan

45 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Helen I would check with the Broom fuel station to see when they are going to be around, they will prioritise their own hire craft.

We went around to the fuel station yesterday to have a chat.

On 01/11/2020 at 14:02, YnysMon said:

We were all set to cast off this morning, but the wind was blowing us off the mooring so strongly that I changed my mind. Seren had a lovely walk and we discovered Winterton.

Ah I’m glad you got to Winterton, it’s so lovely. My favourite bit of coast I think :default_biggrin:

• Like 2

What a beautiful day it's been! We had a trip to Southwold today. Really enjoyed it.

We had a message from our management agency this morning saying that the Government advice is that people already on holiday can stay the rest of the week, but it's quite likely that Brooms will close their fuel kiosk on Wednesday. Oh well, Wednesday's still better than having to go home today!

• Like 1

Well we've got to Loddon today. Moored up at the staithe. :default_biggrin: Got a bit worried as we were approaching as three boats were moored up side-on. A couple of them changed to being stern moored though, so plenty of space here now. 

Also, Brooms have confirmed the fuel kiosk is open 9-3 on Friday, so we are happy bunnies. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, YnysMon said:

They are lovely moorings. First time we’ve stopped there, though today it was just for a few hours so that we could take a walk. I would very much like to moor overnight there when the weather is warmer.

Good stopping point for Breydon and good walks! Walked there from near Reedham with a group of walkers and Polkeys was opened especially and the sails were turning and water pumping! Fascinating!

I suppose a lot of people would consider it boring. Very wide, lots of reeds. I quite like it. I’m always interested to see what the rivers look like from the banks. The path along the lower Yare was a lot further from the river than I’d expected, and as the river was quite high, there were stretches of mini-Broads here and there between the Dyke and river.

By the way, we opted to come back to our home mooring at Brundall this evening as we want to go up river tomorrow. I had to hold back from approaching our mooring though as a couple of boats were coming out of our dyke just after 4pm, aiming for the fuel kiosk. Our neighbour told us it’s been mad today. He thought there were up to 15 boats at one time all ‘queuing up’ for pump outs etc. He said it was pretty busy yesterday too. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

I suppose a lot of people would consider it boring. Very wide, lots of reeds. I quite like it. I’m always interested to see what the rivers look like from the banks. The path along the lower Yare was a lot further from the river than I’d expected, and as the river was quite high, there were stretches of mini-Broads here and there between the Dyke and river.

By the way, we opted to come back to our home mooring at Brundall this evening as we want to go up river tomorrow. I had to hold back from approaching our mooring though as a couple of boats were coming out of our dyke just after 4pm, aiming for the fuel kiosk. Our neighbour told us it’s been mad today. He thought there were up to 15 boats at one time all ‘queuing up’ for pump outs etc. He said it was pretty busy yesterday too. 

I did not see much activity at the fuel station when we went passed yesterday, our two new owners practised port side mooring at the two times we went past and we only saw two other boats on the river between Brundall and Norwich.

11 minutes ago, psychicsurveyor said:

I saw Ranworth Breeze go past yesterday, always looks pristine.

Hello Mark, met two of our new owners who should have started their allocation yester an in a fortnights time sadly we all went back home yesterday. During the training I mentioned that although the speed limit was 6 mph near your mooring that I believe that the Broads Authority should reduce this down to 5 mph because of the boats moored ion the riverside. I suggest to all our owners that they should go at the lower speed.

When I left the boat in the late afternoon, I mothballed the boat, put extra electric on the meter and turned off all the breakers other than the fridge and the battery charger and turned off the gas.

I have cancelled the AGM in late November, paid all local traders, I have lost my November allocation and the last allocation in the first week in December will be dependant if the lockdown is lifted, the same can be said regarding the AGM.

Stay safe out there.

Regards

Alan

• Thanks 1

I saw the BA advice about holidays has changed slightly, wasn’t sure if you would have seen it. 

“If you were already on holiday, you should return to your home as soon as practical and comply with the ‘stay at home’ requirements in your holiday accommodation in the meantime.”

Not sure whether that means you can keep cruising or not. 

6 minutes ago, SwanR said:

I saw the BA advice about holidays has changed slightly, wasn’t sure if you would have seen it. 

“If you were already on holiday, you should return to your home as soon as practical and comply with the ‘stay at home’ requirements in your holiday accommodation in the meantime.”

Not sure whether that means you can keep cruising or not. 

Hello Jean,

The way I see it is that it refers to holidays and from the Broads Authorities view point this must mean holidays from hire companies. With regards to private boats and syndicate boats in my view we come into the second home rulings hence my cancelling this week and three other owners allocations including mine. Norfolk & Suffolk are low risk areas and we should accept the latest rulings and stay away until we are told likewise.

Regards

Alan

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2