• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

YnysMon

Carried Away By A Moonlight Shadow...

Hi David...obviously not, I can’t resist either.

OBB- I had a lovely and apologetic phone call from the guy who forgot about the cleaning. He didn’t move the boat, at all, fished during the day, pub in the evenings and used an electric heater. So,I’m sure he didn’t use any fuel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YnysMon said:

Silverline explaining that they couldn’t do a re-fuel for us as they had no room on their quay. So, it’s lucky that I managed to get hold of Swancraft!

You'll always get top service from Paul and he'll make room for you too!!!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, DAVIDH said:

Am I the only one who, even after being on the boat for a week, still insists on squinting over Wroxham Bridge as I drive home, as if I'd never seen the place before? 

No you're not the only one, David, I do that as well if I'm going that route. Usually my last look at the rivers (and my first on the outward journey) is crossing Postwick Viaduct on the A47. I try and glance across there also.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, DAVIDH said:

Am I the only one who, even after being on the boat for a week, still insists on squinting over Wroxham Bridge as I drive home, as if I'd never seen the place before? 

Nope! Selsie usually does the driving and I always peer over to have a look as we cross, and also on the A47 towards Brundall. I dont know what boat yard it is there on the left under the bridge that I always  gawp at. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Broads01 said:

No you're not the only one, David, I do that as well if I'm going that route. Usually my last look at the rivers (and my first on the outward journey) is crossing Postwick Viaduct on the A47. I try and glance across there also.

Same here, Wroxham Bridge then Postwick Viaduct. Seems a lot of us just can’t let go! 

• Like 5

We’ve experienced the same issue with fuel on MS as far as cost is concerned.  We had a short break last February and hardly used the the heating due to it not working and stayed on the southern rivers, than when we went north in April, covered more miles and used the heating more and paid less for fuel. 

I’m not entirely convinced that uniform standards are applied when refuelling at Brooms to be honest.  

Paul at Swancraft is very helpful.   He has given us loads of good advise since we bought Norfolk Lady and his standards of workmanship are second to none.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DAVIDH said:

We do a similar thing when we go over Postwick viaduct over the Yare. 

• Like 1

Proceeding West on the A47 Postwick Viaduct I always glance left at the sewage works outfall and hope there is not too much foam.

Given the vast amount of building around Norwich and indeed the Northern Broads I do worry that one day one of the many sewage works around The Broads will be overloaded during a "Monsoon" and have no alternative but to pump raw as seen on a number of other river systems.

2 hours ago, Lulu said:

Nope! Selsie usually does the driving and I always peer over to have a look as we cross, and also on the A47 towards Brundall. I dont know what boat yard it is there on the left under the bridge that I always  gawp at. 

Hi Sam, if I'm not much mistaken that's Sheerline you can see from the viaduct and if you look carefully at the boats moored on the river front you should be able to spot Hot Gossip still  awaiting a  buyer. At least I hope she is still there and not , as Tony speculated. on her way to Reedham courtesy of all the high winds we have had lately!

Carole

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ooh, ChrisB! How can you insinuate sewage onto my holiday thread. Yuk! :default_eusa_naughty:

Hope it doesn’t happen though. Brundall might become a bit smelly. :default_icon_wave:

The people that planned out Milton Keynes thoughtfully placed the sewage works not far from junction 14 of the M1. Just where we normally get off the M1 to go home. In summer that’s the ‘welcoming’ smell we get when we are almost back home. 

• Like 1

Grendel,

Please delete my sewage worry entry. It should really be in the soap box area.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, addicted said:

Hi Sam, if I'm not much mistaken that's Sheerline you can see from the viaduct and if you look carefully at the boats moored on the river front you should be able to spot Hot Gossip still  awaiting a  buyer. At least I hope she is still there and not , as Tony speculated. on her way to Reedham courtesy of all the high winds we have had lately!

Thank you Carole.  Every time we drive over, I always say I wonder what yard it is. Hope you get a buyer for that beautiful boat soon.