Tudor's Travels

JanetAnne

2 hours ago, grendel said:

was that what caused the bang and engine stop?

Whilst Timbo's additional propeller wrapping will have affected the performance of the prop itself, it's not caught in the shaft bearings or stern gear and the shaft spins freely. It's also quite ragged which suggests it's been there a while and Timbo was complaining  about Tudor's poorly performance especially going astern from early in the season. 

No, sadly this is not the cause of the engine failure, however, it may have contributed because what was a well worn engine already would have been working much harder leading to increased oil consumption and the resultant prematurely empty sump.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, grendel said:

I was wondering - the person who lost it  - duvet know?

I think we need a blanket ban on these puns. It's time to put the prop wrap to bed now though maybe we should let the mod team sleep on it before making a decision? 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Timbo said:

I was wondering if Aunty Pat would knit a few woolly prop warmers with the forum logo on? It will soon be time to winterise those boats you know!

They could be sold for a blanket fee to bolster the Forum funds.

Eider should be writing some of these down as a cure for insomnia, mind you I had a dream the other night about a Disney film where Simba was always the last to get out of bed. The Lie-in King I think it was called! I was in a band once called Teenager's Bed. We never made it! Do you give in yet? :default_tongue:

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Timbo said:

Eider should be writing some of these down as a cure for insomnia, mind you I had a dream the other night about a Disney film where Simba was always the last to get out of bed. The Lie-in King I think it was called! I was in a band once called Teenager's Bed. We never made it! Do you give in yet? :default_tongue:

Someone smother him please

8 minutes ago, brundallNavy said:

All I want is a Silent Night but I Dunlopillo. about you I can’t Sleepezee until you cover them in tar and cover with goose and duck down if my memory foam serves me right you won’t top this 😋

Silent Night?  Dont mention the 'C' word or Jay will chime in.  By the way Duvet Know its Christmas?

Karen and i will be back on Lightning next week, good job we have a crib board aboard for those darker evenings, mind you, with nav lights, we could snooze during the hours of darkness, and being a private boat, we won`t get cot out by the maingers. Mind you, if we did, i could`nt give a sheet anyway. At least if i get hungry, Karen can do me a bed roll with bacon in it. Time to put this thread to bed don`t you think? :default_gbxhmm: