Tudor's Travels

JanetAnne

Erm...ejection, having fallen of the ladder this morning! :default_blush:

Prior to the Keystone Cops of this morning...yesterday was 'bardic'.
Peeping into RT's engine, Selsie & Dave did a scene from Henry V
"Men of few words are the best men."
20190908_154238.jpg

Then we had The Scottish Play
"Yet who would have thought the old girl to have had so much blood in her?"

20190908_154401.jpg

and finally I did a bit from Shakespeare's lesser known play Timon of Athens...
"I am wealthy in my friends!" 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Timbo said:

Erm...ejection, having fallen of the ladder this morning! :default_blush:

Prior to the Keystone Cops of this morning...yesterday was 'bardic'.
Peeping into RT's engine, Selsie & Dave did a scene from Henry V
"Men of few words are the best men."
20190908_154238.jpg

Then we had The Scottish Play
"Yet who would have thought the old girl to have had so much blood in her?"

20190908_154401.jpg

and finally I did a bit from Shakespeare's lesser known play Timon of Athens...
"I am wealthy in my friends!" 

or ...

the crankshafts connected to the con rod, the con rods connected to the piston, and this here tray is there to contain all of the oil that keeps it working, its supposed to be at least half full to keep on working.

but the important question is - did you find what went wrong, theres not a lot to go wrong in one of those unless something breaks and falls into something else.

it does look like all of the bits and pieces hanging around the outside have been transferred over to the donor engine

• Thanks 1

Apparently Royal Tudor has a sump made of prefabulated amulite This is surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two main spurving bearings were in a direct line with the panametric fan. The latter, of course, consisted simply of six hydrocoptic marzlevanes, so fitted to the ambifacient lunar waneshaft that side fumbling was effectively prevented. Because RT's main winding is of the normal lotus-o-deltoid type placed in panendermic semi-boloid slots in the stator, every seventh conductor being connected by a nonreversible tremmie pipe to the differential girdlespring on the "up" end of the grammeters means that we have to dismantle the whole thing to find out why it's not operating at full thrust.

• Haha 6

The answer is simply hooking the logic circuits of a Bambleweeny 57 Sub-Meson Brain to an atomic vector plotter suspended in a strong Brownian Motion producer (say a nice hot cup of tea) and turn it on, and if that doesn't seem to work, try giving it a fresh cup of really hot tea and Bob's your uncle.

I don't know, You lot really make simple things in life complicated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Selsie said:

The fact is we all wanted to find a 'Pulsons formulator Mk3' as the last one was discovered on Boonsey Island

I've finished watching the YouTube videos you told me to watch Selsie...but I'm afraid I'm still non the wiser.

Perhaps because it's an American video on the Chrysler manufactured un-marinaded automotive engine that I'm not getting it. Perhaps Vaughan can help?

21 hours ago, Timbo said:

Perhaps because it's an American video on the Chrysler manufactured un-marinaded automotive engine that I'm not getting it. Perhaps Vaughan can help?

Well, since you ask. . . . .

I think we have here a case of infernal confabulation - also known as internal compression. Remember that the diesel engine was invented by a German - Herr Otto Cycle - who coined the phrase "Vorshprung durc tecknic". This translates as "Meinen Kubelvagen vill not START!!!"

I can only judge by the photos posted here but would suggest that research will need to go rather further than gazing longingly into the sump. As for the replacement engine - I should think at least that old dynamo should fetch a few quid in a classic parts auction.

Reminds me of the old French saying : "Plus ça change; plus c'est la même chose".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1