Water Rail (previously Delight Vii)(Sold)

14 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Theres no doubt  she's a lovely boat.If  I could I would  buy her.

Why don't you go and have a look.. she's certainly a lot easier to maintain than that one you put an offer on before.. I'd happy spend a week every easter painting and varnishing...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JawsOrca said:

Why don't you go and have a look.. she's certainly a lot easier to maintain than that one you put an offer on before.. I'd happy spend a week every easter painting and varnishing...

H Alan,

nothing to do with this thread, but Karen says she`s happy to try canoeing, yeeeeeaaaaahh.

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

We are interested in the wooden motor boat 'Water Rail' and would like to come and view her if possible.  We live locally and are regular users of the Broads and are looking for a wooden motor boat to enjoy with our family.

I hope you receive this message as I notice your posting was some time ago.  We can be contacted on ##### #### or ########

Look forward to hearing from you Andrew and Gina Hilton.

• Like 1

As current custodians of Malanka, I can honestly say one other boat we would consider buyIng would be water rail, she is not modernized in the way that many are and has some beautiful quirky bits that I think are charming. 

Lovely boat superb history to go along with the boards and boaty stuff . 

We have Malanka because we didn’t want to get old saying WHAT IF, ten years later we are surely more educated and a lot less ignorant. Would we do it again. YES YES YES.....

Good luck looking her over... 

Martin and Fiona 

• Like 2

On 03/06/2020 at 08:14, Gina said:

We are interested in the wooden motor boat 'Water Rail' and would like to come and view her if possible.  We live locally and are regular users of the Broads and are looking for a wooden motor boat to enjoy with our family.

I hope you receive this message as I notice your posting was some time ago.  We can be contacted on ##### #### or ########

Look forward to hearing from you Andrew and Gina Hilton.

She's moored up on Oulton Broad at the moment.

P5293616.JPG

P5293614.JPG

• Like 2
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Malanka said:

As current custodians of Malanka, I can honestly say one other boat we would consider buyIng would be water rail, she is not modernized in the way that many are and has some beautiful quirky bits that I think are charming. 

Lovely boat superb history to go along with the boards and boaty stuff . 

We have Malanka because we didn’t want to get old saying WHAT IF, ten years later we are surely more educated and a lot less ignorant. Would we do it again. YES YES YES.....

Good luck looking her over... 

Martin and Fiona 

As posted elsewhere, not sure where she does have a new well known custodian - living happily as Jenny just posted on Oulton Broad at the moment!

Not for sale!

As some of you know, Water Rail is now enjoying a new life on the Southern Rivers. She became mine last year at the end of the season and is just too damn gorgeous to part with.

What I have done with her is to get others involved in using her (I hate to see boats unused, especially woodies) as well.

Liz still has the use of Water Rail as and when she chooses and was supposed to continue her long tradition as guard ship on the now cancelled 3RR.

Our own Grendel has some trips planned as soon as covid let's him.

Water Rail may also be out as support vessel for Raisina should the racing season get started this year.

In the meantime she is off to the salt side for some maintenance, a new survey, some updates and a good prodding and poking from the BSC man!

It's all go when you're a famous woodie 

ftsf-506f6635-b36d-4bc6-9b5b-c32c9e07d237.jpeg.a03a03f384d5c2400f7ec56e9d2cce8b.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Love 1

I am considering a 3 day working week as soon as i can  manage, I just have one weeks hire of Jayne from Marthams all paid up last year to squeeze in too, I have 10 days unbooked holiday, so that should give me at least 5 long weekends afloat (on top of the three weeks already booked).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Grendel, I ask this in open forum so all interested parties can see it.

Would it be a good idea if the mods edited "is for sale" off the title of this thread?

I agree - Was for sale but isn't now!

2 hours ago, ZimbiIV said:

So are we looking at a mini me Water Rail?

When of course BA x2 is complete.

paul

It wouldn't as long as it doesn't have so much equipment on board (well didn't!) - please make two!