Members I Have Seen...

Ray

28 minutes ago, Ray said:

Today we had the pleasure of meeting Jbx5 (was it John?) and a his beautiful boat Noah's Ark :default_beerchug:

We saw Jbx5 on our first day just east of Reedham, he called out, and i asked who he was but could`nt hear his response. He replied on my thread and told me, so now, if i sea Noah`s Ark, i`l know who it is. 

And yes, his name IS john.

• Thanks 1

Good to meet you Ray with your lovely boat Dakota. 

Sorry we didn’t get chance to have a chat Neil, noticed you could have had another week on Lightning as she was patiently waiting for her next crew at Brooms this afternoon.

John

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jbx5 said:

Good to meet you Ray with your lovely boat Dakota. 

Sorry we didn’t get chance to have a chat Neil, noticed you could have had another week on Lightning as she was patiently waiting for her next crew at Brooms this afternoon.

John

Hmmmmmm, i was`nt aware of that. I know we`ve had a bit of sad news about one of the owners, but not sure who was aboard this week. Would have been lovely to have turned around and gone the other way.

On 17/09/2019 at 07:16, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Hi Hazel, which boat are you on,?, had we known, we would have slowed down and said hello. 

Hiya, we had San Marino 2 from Richos, stayed North so probably saw loads more than I realised, Ray I think we say you two a couple of times, what a beauty of a boat, we did comment every time we saw it.

I think once you were moving and another moored up but can't for the life of me remember where, the whole week is now sadly a blur now I'm sat back at my desk. Wasn't it a fab week for weather though mostly, yeah yeah a bit chilly in the mornings but when you are used to frost on the outside of a tent we can handle a chilly morning on a boat lol 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hazelgirl said:

I think once you were moving and another moored up but can't for the life of me remember where, the whole week is now sadly a blur now I'm sat back at my desk. Wasn't it a fab week for weather though mostly, yeah yeah a bit chilly in the mornings but when you are used to frost on the outside of a tent we can handle a chilly morning on a boat lol 

Amazing week and also sat back at my desk wishing it was last week again. :(

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Seagypsy said:

Saw San Marino last weekend can't remember where had Ibiza1, 2 NBN pennants flying on front cabin finished at Richos on Tues.

We did see Ibiza 1 a few times, I kept forgetting to look for pennants lol doh Lynsey :default_dunce:

Both San Marino's were out last week we were on #2

9 minutes ago, Lulu said:

Amazing week and also sat back at my desk wishing it was last week again. :(

I'm so depressed I can't say, I do wish we'd been able to come and chat at some point we just passed like ships hahaha, I also then couldn't face the quiz on Friday after the 8 hour drive home.

3 minutes ago, hazelgirl said:

I do wish we'd been able to come and chat at some point we just passed like ships hahaha,

Hopefully next year we can make a firm plan.  

My new screensaver. Restful and brings back memories of my favourite early morning walk last week :)

04854CE8-D792-4C19-AE50-1192691595F7.jpeg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, hazelgirl said:

We did see Ibiza 1 a few times, I kept forgetting to look for pennants lol doh Lynsey :default_dunce:

Both San Marino's were out last week we were on #2

Will probably be booking San Remo for next Sept. flags will be on pulpit rail. Have booked Conway Bridge from Acle for May.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

. . . . . . . We're not back afloat til March, and i'm having withdrawal symptoms already. 

That’s precisely how I felt when we finished our last week on Moonlight Shadow in April.  The only way to cure it was to buy a boat.  Norfolk Lady is coming out of the water later this week for antifoul, hull polish and wax and some other bits and pieces (that have been planned since we bought her).  I anticipate a severe pain in the wallet, but it is worth every penny to know that we can have our weekends away every couple of weeks and spend our holidays afloat, too.

Regrets . . . . . . . . . . a few.  Mainly that if you have an ambition, it needs to be addressed before time slips by and it is too late.  We should have scratched the itch years ago.  Hindsight and all that . . . . . . . . 

• Like 4

On 17/09/2019 at 16:59, EastCoastIPA said:

I can think of one or two contributors to the drone and dashcam threads that may not be so keen!! Perhaps we would need an etiquette. Fly one NBN burgee if you don't mind your picture taken, fly two if you do mind and don't want to end up pictured on the forum :default_smiley-taunt014:

So we would have to pay twice as much to keep from our boats being shown on NBN. That's bribery! :default_eusa_naughty:……….   :default_biggrin:

• Haha 1