When You Come To The End Of Your Lollipop

addicted

Thanks for that Sam. Yes Jean Hot Gossip is pretty special and somewhat unusual too in that inside where most  other boats have corners she has curves. Peter Applegate explained to us that he'd  had a vision of how he wanted a boat to look and gave his carpenter the difficult task of creating  it - which he did,  beautifully.

Carole

• Like 1

We went to Hunstanton today looking at holiday homes. Looked very promising, The yearly cost was somewhat  high but the location looked very beautiful and seems to have all bells and whistles although I'm not sure whether we would want to avail ourselves of most of them, rather we're looking for a  tranquil bolt hole. Next week we are planning to visit Felixstowe hoping to find a site rather more quiet and  simple.

Carole

• Like 1

If I didn't live just a few miles away then I would be seriously tempted by one of these:

https://www.waveneyrivercentre.co.uk/lodges-for-sale/

I've outlived my lollipop so to speak! I know that Carol's decision was a hard one to make and that maybe I should make the same one.

Perhaps a dayboat is the answer. Hope so, it's the route my wife and I have decided to take, for now.  Old bones and camping aboard don't really work and bigger boats are just too big! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JennyMorgan said:

If I didn't live just a few miles away then I would be seriously tempted by one of these:

https://www.waveneyrivercentre.co.uk/lodges-for-sale/

I've outlived my lollipop so to speak! I know that Carol's decision was a hard one to make and that maybe I should make the same one.

Perhaps a dayboat is the answer. Hope so, it's the route my wife and I have decided to take, for now.  Old bones and camping aboard don't really work and bigger boats are just too big! 

My wife and I have gone the picnic boat route.  We pick the day, not wanting a rainy one. We pick our journey, South or North. Hickling and Horsey, or perhaps Coltishall,  or if it takes our fancy Beccles and Geldeston Lock. Or a morning on Bargate followed by a trip up the Yare. 

With family, with friends. Each day is golden. It is not a substitute but it certainly helps to draw the sting.

Andrew

• Like 4

We looked at the lodges at Waveney while moored there  a few years ago and thought how lovely they looked and decided in the event of having to part with the boat they would make a good choice but while out yesterday exploring future possibilities we came to the conclusion that while we have always favoured lodges as opposed to caravans the latter have moved on a long way from our conception of them based on  previous experiences and lodges are "overkill" too large, in  fact,  just a other home needing maintenance, regular cleaning etc. With extra  bedrooms that won't be regularly used The caravans  were spacious enough  to provide all you need for a bolt hole without being onerous,  one spare bedroom which is fine, At one time we used to regularly entertain the world and his wife on a regular basis at home and on the boat  but these days  I don't want all the work that goes into that any more I no longer have the required energy to do it properly. So a caravan looks just the ticket from our present standpoint.

Carole

• Like 1