Southern Mooring Required

Moontrev

39 minutes ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Why not trail her around and launch her when you want to go for a sail?.

I`ve even heard of people keeping a boat on a trailer, fully rig in a boatyard, and just launching and recovering before and after a days sail.

Hi again,

i did just that for years at Rutland Water before I moved to Norfolk.

im now not strong enough, due to my increasing years and past health issues to either raise nor drop the mast, nor hitch up the trailer.

ive considered caravan movers, powered winches where the winch is attached to my tow bar, and lowered into the water.

the easiest way for me to continue sailing is either a side on mooring on the river, or a swinging mooring on Wroxham Broad, where all I have to do is launch my tender, start her 2 stroke engine, motor out to the mooring and bobs your uncle!

thanks for your input, it is appreciated.

cheers

trev

• Like 1

For a smaller boat it may be worth seeing if wroxham marine (don't get confused, they are now at thorpe st.andrews) have space, very basic mooring but in a closed yard with good edge and a good price as they are a boat builder (sheerline) rather than a marina.