Wild Brown Trout fishing.

Guest Freespirit

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
And how do these brown trout hold rods in order to fish...I'm confused...

By the way welcome to the forum - probably the best thing to do is send a PM to w44nty as he seems to be a bit of a fishing guru on the forum

A fishing guru wherever he goes. He`s even on the board of fame at one our local caravan/camp sites down here in Dorset. I`d been fishing those lakes for a year and not caught as many as he did. Bloody tourists two gunstwo gunstwo guns:lol::lol::lol::lol: .

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Following are 2 fishing spots in Norwich.

Quinebaug River

Shetucket River

As per my research, you can find wild brown trout in Quinebaug River.

Absolute twaddle!! I could name rivers in India, China and Russia ....... but would anybody really be interested?

Well actually i can't but that's not the point!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Are there any stretches of river for free wild brown trout fishing in the Norwich area?

Freespirit asked a decent enough question just why has he been replied to with what are nothing more than stupid replies from people who don’t know what they are talking about. If in doubt shut up is a good policy.

Anyway in response to freespririt question yes there are several areas where Brown Trout and some Sea Trout can be caught around Norwich all the upper rivers hold a few but your best bet would be the mill pools namely Hellesdon , Costessey , Buxton, and Horstead and don’t forget that the season differs from the normal course fish season.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Freespirit asked a decent enough question just why has he been replied to with what are nothing more than stupid replies from people who don’t know what they are talking about. If in doubt shut up is a good policy.

Anyway in response to freespririt question yes there are several areas where Brown Trout and some Sea Trout can be caught around Norwich all the upper rivers hold a few but your best bet would be the mill pools namely Hellesdon , Costessey , Buxton, and Horstead and don’t forget that the season differs from the normal course fish season.

Stay whwre you are Norton, i`l pick up your dummy as i`m closer due to the fact you spat it out so far :roll::roll::roll:

Stay whwre you are Norton, i`l pick up your dummy as i`m closer due to the fact you spat it out so far :roll::roll::roll:

I believe that it is better to tell the truth than a lie. I believe it is better to be free than to be a slave. And I believe it is better to know than to be ignorant. :lol:

I believe that it is better to tell the truth than a lie. I believe it is better to be free than to be a slave. And I believe it is better to know than to be ignorant. :lol:

The lyrics from one of my favourite songs by the Bachelors ...... 60's music was truly great.

..... But I don't recall any lyrics about trouts .... perhaps you were thinking about the "franki Howard" hit where the "fishies swam and they swam right over the dam"?

:wave

Thanks very much for your informative reply.

If you are looking for Sewin (Sea Trout) then the lower reaches of the Yare and Waveny are a good bet at the right time of the year, good for the odd Bass using similar methods too.

Thanks.

• 9 years later...
27 minutes ago, andrei said:

amazing I have always wondered if there were sea trout in the waveney, where abouts have they been seen / caught?

There's an established, annual Spring run on one of the rivers but  you will need a boat, and maritime plod won't like that, at least not this year.