Boating In November

Broads01

24 minutes ago, grendel said:

that would probably be a very very frightining thing

What, my face or the thunder and lightning? :default_norty:

13 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Don't let Fireman Sam lead you astray HG! :default_biggrin:

Hush now Mr Nog, leading ladies astray is my favourite pastime of all.......nearly all :default_smiley-angelic002:

19 minutes ago, hazelgirl said:

Oh hell not you too :default_norty: it's all the C*****mas talk on here that's sent everyone mad

It's not C****mas, its...

CHRISTMAS

:default_xmas2: :default_xmas3:  :default_xmas6: :default_xmas5: :default_xmas4: :default_xmas5: :default_xmas6: :default_xmas3: :default_xmas2:

20191105_143552.gif.652633286b5dd175f442bdc60cf79c3f.gif20191106_090117.gif.46166831cdc8532b260c7b6133a397fc.gif20191107_083336.gif.13d36b775c8c3dd226a26354378d369e.gif

I made it to Loddon fine. Who should already be there but Helen (Ynysmon) and husband Graham on Moonlight Shadow. Jean (SwanR) was also there visiting and it was really good to say hello and chat for a few minutes. I'm currently sat with Rollie in The White Horse which is very warm and welcoming. It's a good job they have WiFi because unusually I have no phone signal whatsoever on the boat or anywhere near it. 

• Like 5

Lovely photo Simon. 
It was nice to say hello this afternoon. Helen had kindly invited me over given that  I have been at the caravan for a couple of days at Lowestoft. Only a 30 minute drive to Loddon and up to 2 hours free parking in the car park at the Staithe. 
Took a little snap as I left. 

4C1B3D77-07E3-4985-B14C-45989925FB58.jpeg

• Like 6

5 hours ago, hazelgirl said:

So who is at Potter? is this Thunder or Lightning :default_norty: or neither and I'm daft lol image.png.60af16b1c91a1b04a85395cb3d456c3c.png

It`s Thunder, Lightning has 3 fenders on her stern, and a bloody awful flying saucer tv ariel on a folding pole on the top, which incidentally i`m hoping we get rid of as it increases air draught by about 5 inches. Also, Lightning has a grey upper helm seat, whereas Thunders is blue (i believe?).

But you`re still daft though :default_gbxhmm: :default_laugh:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

It`s Thunder, Lightning has 3 fenders on her stern, and a bloody awful flying saucer tv ariel on a folding pole on the top, which incidentally i`m hoping we get rid of as it increases air draught by about 5 inches. Also, Lightning has a grey upper helm seat, whereas Thunders is blue (i believe?).

Well thank you for that Speedy (I think) :default_icon_eek: :default_norty:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Plus Lightning is currently moored next to me at Beccles...

• Like 2

I've had a brilliant day's cruise today. The nasty wind was gone and I took advantage of the brightness to chug back down the Chet with roof lowered. Today is my last full day of a 5 night break so I turned left at the bottom of the Chet, destination the Ferry House for my last night. I stopped off at a deserted Langley Dyke to give Rollie a run and enjoy the scenery. Once again there were no boats moving at all. Not long after leaving Langley Dyke I saw a couple of walkers and realised they were the first people I'd seen since passing a couple of fishermen on the Chet. I carried on to Brundall and turned on to Surlingham/Bargate Broad (is calling it Surlingham Broad incorrect?) to drop the mud weight. Doing this always confuses Rollie because he associates my turning off the engine with him getting off for a walk. I think this Broad has an especially peaceful quality. Today was especially so except for the numpty who charged through so fast he caused a wash which rocked the boat noticeably. I set off later and very soon pulled in at Church Fen mooring, mainly to relieve Rollie's cabin fever. I had the roof open once again on a beautifully sunny afternoon and chugged back through the Broad and then up through Brundall, just for the enjoyment of it. I wss soon at the Ferry House and didn't feel like stopping for a bit so I carried on as far as Bramerton Common before returning to a side-on mooring outside the pub. I'm off to get a drink now and looking forward to food. 

• Like 9

Ah, The Ferry House.  My favourite pub on the Southern rivers.  A warm welcome and a Iovely warm pub, especially with the fire that will be lit tonight.

Enjoy it Simon . . . . . . . . . I'm only slightly jealous, but hoping to find an excuse to sample their hospitality next week!

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

Ah, The Ferry House.  My favourite pub on the Southern rivers.  A warm welcome and a Iovely warm pub, especially with the fire that will be lit tonight.

Enjoy it Simon . . . . . . . . . I'm only slightly jealous, but hoping to find an excuse to sample their hospitality next week!

My favourite on the South too Malcom. 

DSC_0166.JPG

DSC_0163.JPG

DSC_0158.JPG

• Like 2