Keeping Warm Winter Boating

Timbo

Yes, MM, now you're getting the gist of it. You have to present yourself at a thing called a "bar" (not the one solicitors are called to), where you select from a vast range of alcoholic delights, of varying value. Checking your wallet, select the "best bang for your bucks" and settle down to consume same. Repeat until a) you run out of money, b) you can't see your wallet or c) you wake up on your boat, having no recollection of how you got there. At some point, take a break to order food. I recommend Nobby's Nuts, just for the smile it puts on your face asking for them. You don't want anything heavier, leave as much room in your stomach for more alcohol. Next afternoon, when you come out of your alcoholic blackout to find yourself drifting in the middle of Hickling Broad, simply motor back and repeat the exercise. Remember, practice makes perfect. I should know, I spent years trying to be an idiot before I achieved it - with distinction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Poppy said:

The best way to keep warm in the winter ? Sit in front of a nice warm fire whilst the boat is safely put away in a snug barn until the Spring :default_biggrin:

I can think of a better way of keeping warm to be honest :default_norty:

:default_smiley-angelic002:

3 hours ago, vanessan said:

I somehow knew there would be such a comment sooner or later!! :default_norty:

And of course, it had to be me :default_biggrin:

1 hour ago, Hylander said:

I like a 13 tog on the bed in the winter months. Don't like the idea of a dog in my bedding ugh!

Well, we've all been there a time or two. Am I right guys :default_norty:.

I know what, or should I say who, I like in bed with me keeping me warm though :default_rofl:

On 04/11/2019 at 21:27, YnysMon said:

Bit short on details! Where, what? Also, lamentably too late for our first autumn/winter break on Moonlight Shadow (next week!). Our first experience on the boat was one of the hottest weeks of the summer, so next week will be a bit of a contrast! Warmth...where?

Micro fleece inner sleeping blanket, not expensive, takes up little space in the car and will keep you snug - Promise!

Come in single and double size and I haven`t tried it but if you buy two the same I see no reason why you can`t zip two together to make a bigger  based on mine.