• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

Every time I come to the site over the last couple of days, I have to re-log in but when I do it tells

me something has gone wrong but clearly shows my forum name and avatar in the top box.

I then click 'everything' and it works ok. All this despite ticking the 'remember me' box. If I leave

the site for only a few minutes, I have to go through it all again!

Any ideas?

have you tried clearing your cache and then reloading, this will force you to log in again, but it might stick after clearing the cache

(a handy trick is to press f12, ignore the panel that pops up, and then when you right click the reload gizmo at the top of the page it should give you an option clear cache and hard reload - this will just clear the cache for this website (rather than forcing you to log in to all your other favorite websites too.thwen when you have finished close the side or bottom panel that popped up when you clicked f12)

I’ve been having the same issue on Chrome on my Mac but it’s been fine on Safari on my iPhone. Will have to try clearing the cache although I’ve not had a problem with any other sites. Has there been any kind of software upgrade recently?

the forum has quite regular software updates, i would have to check if we have had  one recently

There was an update yesterday and it's possible this has messed with session cookies (the 'good' cookies that keep you logged in).

Clearing the cache and all the browsing data does seem to have sorted this out. Thanks for the advice. :)

Happened to me this morning too. I got the error page but noticed I was logged in so fiddled around until I got back to the home page. Must be a gremlin in the works somewhere! 👿

As Grendel mentioned earlier, clearing your cache should sort the issue.

One of the other problems with an update is that browsers 'remember' any old site code from before the update for up to a couple of weeks in order to save time and download speed. The problem is that when the forum actually needs you to download the new code containing the updates right now, browsers tend to ignore that.

When I press f12, that pops up and when I right click, there is no 'clear cache. It only leaves me with 'reload'.

(Just been away for half an hour and same again.)

I had problems logging on lunch time on my mobile, i eventually managed after clearing the history a few times. From my work PC i had no problems.

So this appears to be an ongoing issue. Seemed to be resolved by clearing my cache on Chrome a couple of days ago but today I had to sign in again, despite having ticked the "remember me" box. And once signed it it gave me the error message before loading perfectly normally once I clicked on my saved view.

Just tried this myself and even when I have signed in it still gives me an error message

Jeff

Just tried again (5th go) and I am now signed in

I've been having a similar problem  all week. It seems to have righted itself today

Carole

Whoops! Spoke (Wrote) too soon! back to status quo today sadly

Carole

Mine is still messing about on firefox despite clearing cache and cookies several times.

I have the same issue as the OP (Firefox browser).

Has been ok all day but just tried it again and it's back to the log-in problem!

13 minutes ago, HEM said:

I have the same issue as the OP (Firefox browser).

no issues here with firefox

Exactly the same for me. My problem is i`ve forgotten my password, as i automatically get logged in when i come on to the forum. Now, every time i log on, i have to sign in, luckily, my name and password (which is shrouded) comes up, and i just click on it which signs me in. Also, when i do sign in, i get the same as above where it has my name up, yet says something is wrong, then when i click on browse etc, everything is ok?. If any of the mods have access to my password, could you pm it to me so i can write it in my password book?.