Problems logging in

On 30/11/2019 at 19:10, YnysMon said:

Why have I missed all this excitement?

Because we hung around looking bored and kicking our feet until you logged out. Then we all started the fun. It was awesome Yelly Helly and non stop laughter. :default_smiley-angelic002: Then you logged back in so we all got serious again.......

Erm except me. I don't do that gloomy crap :default_eusa_naughty:

20181224_121739.jpg.102e647b86102c349eaee3b45edbbd68.thumb.jpg.ee06e18c13eda7037f7a5ad40a6d07d7.jpg

:default_xmas2:

On 20/11/2019 at 08:56, oldgregg said:

It looks as though people are having issues mostly with bookmarks -

Can I suggest that everyone who uses a bookmark for the site goes and edits it so that it is just https://forum.norfolkbroadsnetwork.com/ - That way you won't have a problem when a software update changes the structure of internal pages etc.

Thanks for that, it works!

I've been having the problem for months and only just read this thread. I'm using Firefox.  :default_beerchug:

11 hours ago, Jayfire said:

Glad there is still someone I can have a giggle with Helen :default_wink:

Giggle away Cap’n, there will be plenty to join you I’m sure - how’s this 😆 or 🤣? ‘Tis the season to be jolly tra-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la (is that enough las?) :594c04f570582_default_happyparty::default_xmas6:

1 hour ago, Jayfire said:

There can never be enough lasses for me Mrs V, oh you mean la's don't you. How embarrassing :default_blush:

:default_xmas2:

No I don’t mean la’s! These people who insert apostrophes into everything need shooting (where’s the smiley with the guns gone?). So you should be embarrassed Cap’n. Actually, I really can’t imagine you being embarrassed about anything much, apart from all this adoration you inspire of course. :default_rofl:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vanessan said:

So you should be embarrassed Cap’n. Actually, I really can’t imagine you being embarrassed about anything much, apart from all this adoration you inspire of course. :default_rofl:

No I don't get embarrasse'd, or man'y othe'r things. I'm not sure who woul'd be daft enoug'h to ador'e little old me but I kno'w one or two who wish I would take a lon'g walk off a shor't pier :default_rofl:

You will be pleased to know that society has finally given up the unequal struggle with apostrophes - the guy who ran "The Apostrophe Society " has decided to call it a day -( faxcheck correct ) because no one takes any notice of them and they are no longer taught about them in school, or most of them!

So Jay you can stick them where you like with impunity or a care that you may be caught being just a little naughty as you will no longer be brought to book for littering your writing with them! Pesky things anyway!!!

19 minutes ago, marshman said:

So Jay you can stick them where you like with impunity or a care that you may be caught being just a little naughty as you will no longer be brought to book for littering your writing with them! Pesky things anyway!!!

Thanks marshman, always good to know. Although I will have to find something else to be brought to book over ofcourse :default_norty:

See Mrs V, put your guns away as I did nothing wrong.......yet :default_smiley-angelic002:

On 20/11/2019 at 09:56, oldgregg said:

Can I suggest that everyone who uses a bookmark for the site goes and edits it so that it is just https://forum.norfolkbroadsnetwork.com/ - That way you won't have a problem when a software update changes the structure of internal pages etc.

This works for me as well  senior.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Carole, we are still working on a long term solution to this issue, its a case of finding an email service provider that can handle the volume of emails that the forum generates, unfortunately that now looks as though we will need to gravitate from those that provide a limited free service to one that we will in effect pay for. but we are looking for the best (reliable) provider for that service.

• Like 1

Sorted. Emails should return to normal over the next few hours.

As Grendel says, NBN is now having to pay for the service. Free email providers don't cut it these days as they're generally considered to be likely sources of spam and so Gmail, Outlook etc will tend to just bin the emails. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Had this issue re-occur this morning for the first time in a very long time. I hadn't done anything different, same browser, nothing cleared ... but the site was very slow to load this morning and initially came up as not secure although there is a padlock next to the url now. I did have a bad gateway message when accessing the site from my phone a couple of days ago. Have we had any updates or downtime recently?

4 minutes ago, SwanR said:

I did have a bad gateway message when accessing the site from my phone a couple of days ago. Have we had any updates or downtime recently?

I had bad gateway messages a couple of days ago throughout the day. I had to keep refreshing the page