Waitrose Shoppers.

Poppy

Wow! Increased house prices due to the proximity of supermarkets. Who’d have thought? 

Well, we are now within walking distance of a Waitrose, Lidl and Morrison’s. When we moved here we just had a Summerfield. So our house must be worth a fortune 👍🤑😀

Any guesses as to where we are in Norfolk?

We have Sainsburys,Lidl and Waitrose here in North Walsham so use a mixture of all of them finding Waitrose " offers " when they are on very good value.also do notice that you see all store carrier bags at the checkouts ,I think shoppers are more Savvy now days.Using the " my supermarket " app you find that offers move from store to store with their promotions .

On 19/11/2019 at 12:05, Chelsea14Ian said:

Sorry but I dislike Aldi,only go there at Christmas for German biscuits. We have lots of there shops near by.much prefer morrisons, Sainsburys and Waitrose bluewater .

Bet you take your Waitrose carrier bag :default_norty:

Waitrose 'Black Friday'
Apparently I will get a 'free' bottle of bubbly (various grades), if I spend £125, £250, £500.
I always thought they were expensive, but bloody hell, what would you fill your trolley with to spend that much?

8 minutes ago, Poppy said:

Waitrose 'Black Friday'
Apparently I will get a 'free' bottle of bubbly (various grades), if I spend £125, £250, £500.
I always thought they were expensive, but bloody hell, what would you fill your trolley with to spend that much?

More Bubbly :default_norty:

:default_xmas2:

1 hour ago, Poppy said:

Waitrose 'Black Friday'

Probably a basket should do it at Waitrose and still have room for the bubbly!

Fred

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Poppy said:

Waitrose 'Black Friday'

Waitrose keep sending me vouchers to use, I think I have about 8 to use over the next 8 weeks. Each one is for £13 off if I spend £120. There are 2 Waitrose stores ‘nearby’, both about 12 miles distant. It’s only 5/10 minutes to our nearest Aldi or Lidl - guess where I’ll be going??!! 😁

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Poppy said:

Waitrose 'Black Friday'

Their Grade 1 6-8kg Free Range Bronze Turkeys are £112 this year, so one of those would get you on your way. A mixed case of decent wine about another £100. It is not hard. I have started going back to Sainsbury near me because week after week I was very close as makes no difference to £100. I self scan and was always at £30+ on my fruit and veg before I start on the other stuff.

One of the great delights of now living in Spain is there is not the same supermarket culture. The range of foods from small independent shops and from the indoor market is superb. The value is also very good. When I do go to the supermarket (my local Mercadona, 5 minutes walk away) the range of fresh meat and fish far exceeds what I would find  in a much larger UK supermarket. On the down side the only tea is PG Tips, but this can be remedied by calling in to Eroski in Gibraltar, where I can get Taylor's Yorkshire tea.

• Like 2

for turkeys you cant beat 5pm christmas eve at the supermarket when they are reduced to silly amounts as the supermarket is going to be closed for two whole days.

(ps I do have tinned baked beans in the cupboard just in case they have run out or the turkey needs to defrost for 36 hours)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, grendel said:

for turkeys you cant beat 5pm christmas eve at the supermarket when they are reduced to silly amounts as the supermarket is going to be closed for two whole days.

I have witnessed this: 24th December a few years ago, Asda Peterborough, a lady is at the deli counter loudly stating her case to a young operative. "What do you mean, you have no pork pies left! Where am I supposed to get pork pies at 4 'o clock on Christmas Eve!?" I was tempted to tell her.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, RS2021 said:

People who shop at Waitrose...

Now, where is my car. I must pop the boot open...

Now I’ve got one of those cars where you can pop the boot open as you walk towards it (it is a people carrier not a Range Rover though!) One day, when the car was quite new, I visited the local farm shop and loaded the boot with fruit and veg. I then went on to a supermarket, filled my trolley and walked back to the car clicking the key fob as I went. The boot lid lifted - and all the fruit and veg fell out! Lesson learned, pack the ruddy boot properly if you want to show off. :facepalm:

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, vanessan said:

Now I’ve got one of those cars where you can pop the boot open as you walk towards it (it is a people carrier not a Range Rover though!) One day, when the car was quite new, I visited the local farm shop and loaded the boot with fruit and veg. I then went on to a supermarket, filled my trolley and walked back to the car clicking the key fob as I went. The boot lid lifted - and all the fruit and veg fell out! Lesson learned, pack the ruddy boot properly if you want to show off. :facepalm:

I do love a lady showing off her well packed boot Mrs V :default_norty:

1 hour ago, Jayfire said:

I do love a lady showing off her well packed boot Mrs V :default_norty:

But one that spills out all over the place might be an ounce or three over what might be considered worth showing off!!

1 hour ago, vanessan said:

Now I’ve got one of those cars where you can pop the boot open as you walk towards it

As one might reasonably expects to see outside Waitrose!

• Haha 1