New Silverline Boat

RS2021

One of the best boats we hired was Silver Wisper, beautifully presented and a great boat to spend a week on. Along with Bridgecraft I would always recommend both yards, it is a shame about the high pet charges though

A lot of their boats are no pets allowed which makes me think they have had bad experiences in the past. Next door Swancraft used to have a no cat policy.

The yard runs like clockwork and perhaps a little too regimented for some but the results show. Personally always found them very friendly and they always have time for a chat. The stories Colin told me about his time at Jenners where hilarious.

Fred

• Like 1

11 hours ago, YnysMon said:

The only thing that put me off Silverline was the excessive charge for pets. I’m sure they would get a lot more bookings if they revised that policy.

One of the reasons that we used Summercraft for our last holidays as hirers, aside from the immaculate presentation of their boats inside and out, was that as regular customers,  we weren't charged extra for two dogs nor for parking, usually undercover.

Before the addition of VAT to marine fuel a few years ago, they used to give returning customers free fuel, too. 

It's such a shame that they decided to stop their hire business.  Several of their craft are now advertised for sale through NYA.  I can't imagine that many hire yards will have lavished so much care on the maintenance of their fleet and they would probably be good buys for anyone in the market to buy one.

• Like 1

We also used to hire from Silverline before we bought our own boat. I concur with what others have said about their boats, always well looked after and clean even at the end of the season. The only downside was having to encounter a somewhat ferocious woman at reception and the regimental parking system. I suppose it was part of the efficiency of the whole operation and provided a certain about of amusement, once we were underway. Would recommend them without hesitation. 

• Like 2

I have to agree regarding the regimented operations, beautiful boats immaculately maintained however I hired Silver Coral this year for the first time and you had to park within an allotted millimetre space and have to comply with the procedures or else, I not sure what happened if you brought the boat back 5 minutes late! I jest however Swancraft nextdoor we're similar in many respects. Only Silver line and Bridge craft left who look after the boats in similar manner although personally I prefer Pacific, the boats are not quite as shiny however they are more flexible and laid back and personal, each to their own I suppose.

Neil

• Like 4