Sad Demise

addicted

How sad to read that Clive James has died. He was a very funny man. Many years ago I read his  autobiography of his early life  growing up in Australia. I used to often read in bed before going to sleep but I had to give that up while reading this book as  it was so funny and  made me laugh so much I was keeping my husband awake and it was  definitely not very conducive to aid me to fall asleep either. His unique humour will be sadly missed. Particularly as there seems to be precious little humour around these days.

Carole

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

We used to love his programmes which included adverts or excerpts from game shows around the world. Some of them were absolutely hilarious and some mind-blowingly cringeworthy! We Brits have always had somewhat of a reputation of being a bit ‘weird’ but Clive James proved we are not alone! His Aussie twang will be sadly missed.

• Like 1

Caught an interesting recent interview with Clive James hosted by Mary Beard (the Greek/Roman expert) on iPlayer last night. Excellent.

Also sad to hear about Gary Rhodes, loved his professionalism and presenting style. It’s always a bit of a shake up when someone the same age passes away. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1