A good old fashioned paper brochure

Broads01

Whilst there's no doubt that the boatyard websites are great in terms of immeediate and plentiful information, there's nothing like a good old fashioned paper brochure with lots of sunny Broads pictures. Well done to Le Boat for having there 2011 version out already. Are there any others out yet?

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Totally agree chaps, you can also read brochures while in bed or dare i say it, sitting on the loo. You can`t do that with a PC :lol::lol: . Regards ..................... Neil.

The brochures are normally out earlyish to late November... so hopefully not too much longer.

I must admit I spend a lot less time reading them these days but it is good to be able to do comparisons the old fashioned way, and I still look forward to seeing the new pictures and boat changes cheersbar

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

Well what should be on my doormat when I arrived home from the Broads yesterday but Hoseasons 2011 brochure! It's a very similar brochure to before. Same good points, like plenty of interior photos including some new ones of boats at the cheaper end of the market. Same main bad point for me though which Hoseasons have had for some years now, being the need to play the 'match the photo to the boat plan' game. There are one or two gaffs as well, such as labelling the Broadland Apollo interior as San Remo. Still love reading it though! Now how much are those cruisers in Scotland....

There are one or two gaffs as well, such as labelling the Broadland Apollo interior as San Remo. Still love reading it though! Now how much are those cruisers in Scotland....

That Bounty sedan looks a bit cramped to me... it's Broadland Saturn (showing how easy it is to make a little blooper there Simon :naughty: ), which given a totally different layout you;d have thought they'd pick up on but I guess with such a mass of information the odd error is going to creep in - I noticed they have used Tobago's layout on Challenger's layout which may cause some more serious disappointment/suprise.

Ferry Marina seem to get a lot of coverage for the number of boats they have, so I assume they consider their new boats good interior/showcase opportunities? The award for oddest/worst representation of a layout must go to Amethyst Emblem's front cabin bed.... whatever has made them show it like that - sack the layout designer! :grin:

Whispering Reeds representation looks disappointing with only, grainy shots in some cases and compared to the rest of the brochure - a shame as they do a good job in turning out a decent product and service.

Good to see Hoseasons have got the right layout by the right boat on Le Boat's page this year after getting about half of them wrong last year but I think Le Boat's coverage is probably the worst or most horrible pages in the whole brochure. Two of the photos are of boats tied up and are completely unflattering, massive spaces appear to have been 'filled' rather than a good selection of photos arranged nicely and to me their pages stand out like a sore thumb to the rest of the brochure which looks otherwise looks professional rather tempting!

All the best

Dan