Stalham Staithe

garryn

22 minutes ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Part is owned by the Parish Council, the 2 boat extension is owned by Brundall Gardens. Both areas are managed by BA as 24 hour moorings, not that some people take much notice of the 24 hour restriction.

Seriously I beg to differ if BA managed that section of mooring then it doesn't fall into their code of practice and health and safety requirements , note the lack of safety chains etc to say nothing of the lack of signs , that section of church fen is actually policed by brundall council .

They are not BA moorings , if you don't believe me and clearly don't then ask them ie BA , that way you will get to know the truth and less likely to jump to conclusions .

56 minutes ago, vanessan said:

I know all too well thank you D46, I also know which part certain boats moor at. :default_norty:

48 minutes ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

I don`t think it`s moaning, i think people are concerned because these new aged navigators tend to have very scruffy boats which are an eyesore, and some of the occupants can also be (to some) a bit intimidating. Add to that, they hog the staithe so other visitors can`t moor, and have in the past acted aggresively when asked to move up allowing others to moor. They usually leave a load of rubbish behind when they move on.  :default_coat:

To be fair I've no knowledge of the actual mooring this thread relates to other than sailed down it last year , but then again some think it's now about church fen for some reason 

5 hours ago, vanessan said:

I know all too well thank you D46, I also know which part certain boats moor at. :default_norty:

Well all i can say if you know there's an NBN member moored there why not stop and say hello , that if your sure it's an NBN member obviously .

Thing is I figured this as a friendly forum and the way to win friends is be a friend :default_drinks:

7 hours ago, D46 said:

Well all i can say if you know there's an NBN member moored there why not stop and say hello , that if your sure it's an NBN member obviously .

No mention was made of NBN members being involved. I feel sure most members abide by the rules anyway. As this thread was originally about Stalham Staithe, better get back on track, so easy to get sidetracked! Do you ever get up to Stalham Staithe D46?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, vanessan said:

No mention was made of NBN members being involved. I feel sure most members abide by the rules anyway. As this thread was originally about Stalham Staithe, better get back on track, so easy to get sidetracked! Do you ever get up to Stalham Staithe D46?

If you have been reading this thread then you really should know the answer to that question as it was stated recently .

In relation to being dude tracked I fully agree , however it wasn't my self that caused that and bought up church fen , later today I will be contacting the head of ranger services aiming to clarify the issue regarding that particular mooring and when I get confirmation to something I actually already know then I'll report it separately obviously .

I'm happy to see your believe in members observing the bylaws but as you may not be aware rangers in winter use a level of discretion regarding mooring as there's so I little traffic about .

Been unable to find space on any mooring is something anyone can have a problem with occasionally although it only affects that person if it was their intention to moor and they are not just passing by .

As in my last post it's far better to be friendly than otherwise both on the river and here too , I personally don't have any issues with folk on either , that said I'm beginning to see that some definitely do with myself .

In answer to your question I can confirm I was last at Sutton about July while looking over a vessel a friend was purchasing from the yard , after which myself and a Small group including my good friends Geoffrey and Steve owner's of the Corsican  spent time in the hotels beer garden having lunch .

Hello all, 

nice to see the staithe naked so to speak. Never seen it before and so it’s now one of those special memories we all keep to ourselves. I have often been resident at Simpson’s watching the various comings and going at the staithe thanking the lord for the relative calm of the boatyard and their merry band of folks. 

see you all soon 

Martin and Fiona