Newfies Afloat

Tempest

4 hours ago, Jayfire said:

Excellent. That's the same pose I'm in when I get back from a night in The RamΒ :default_biggrin:

:default_xmas2:

Eh??Β  With your privates and tongue hanging out!Β  Good Lord!Β  That's one mental image I wish you hadn't suggested!! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

Eh??Β  With your privates and tongue hanging out!Β  Good Lord!Β  That's one mental image I wish you hadn't suggested!! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

The things I do for a tummy rubΒ :default_wink:

A wonderful first ever week on Moonlight Shadow is now complete and we are home.

We love the home mooring, the Brooms staff who were brilliant..(Thanks Norman for your efforts), the people, the places and the time we spent with our beloved Newfies Roxy and Yogi.

Both are now glaring at us, as home just isn't the broads!

We are now looking forward to our next visitΒ 

• Like 3

I'm so glad you enjoyed your first week on Moonlight Shadow Warren, I knew you would as she is a beautiful boat.

I'm also so glad you feel you made the right decision in buying your share in our wonderful group, we're very pleased to have you

Let me know if you have any worries or issues in the future and I will do all I can to ensure they are rectified for you.

Once again, welcome to our groupΒ :default_xmas2:Β 

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to our next trip on Moonlight Shadow from 22nd February until 29th February.

If any members are around that week, by all means give us a wave or comeΒ over for a chat and see Roxy and Yogi

We are only intending to stay south on this trip and probably going to head towards the Oulton Broad and Beccles area and no doubt we will have a customaryΒ "overnighter" at one of our favourites which is the Ferry House, Surlingham either early doors or later in the week

• Like 2

I recently lost my mum to cancer (november) and my parents introduced us to the broads when we were very young and they have been coming to the area, as have I and my brother since then.

I do recall we used to use Ernest Collins and Jack PowlesΒ  at Wroxham to hire our boats back then. (late 70s and early 80s)

Well after much encouragement, we have got my dad to agree to come with us on Moonlight Shadow for the week on 22nd Feb, and as he generally has been a Northern Broads dweller, we have decided to give him a bit of a tour of the Southern Broads so our loose plans are as follows:

Saturday - Rockland St Mary

Sunday - Reedham

Monday - Beccles

Tuesday - Oulton Broad

Wednesday - Loddon

Thursday - Surlingham Ferry Inn

Friday - back to base

We will have lots of stop offs in between and it is all weather dependant, but this is what we have planned for the week and I will try and post some photos and give an update as we go, but hopefully Dad will enjoy the experience and it will help to get him out of the house for a week and to an area which has been much loved by us all and holds many fond memories as a family, as individuals and with my mother.

• Like 6

Sorry to hear about your Mum’s passing. I’m sure your Dad will appreciate the time with you and the pace of the Broads (well, it’s not exactly peaceful this afternoon, but you don’t get weather like today’s on the Broads that often). We had a week on the Broads the week after my Mam’s funeral in July 2017, and it soΒ helped.

Helen

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YnysMon said:

Sorry to hear about your Mum’s passing. I’m sure your Dad will appreciate the time with you and the pace of the Broads (well, it’s not exactly peaceful this afternoon, but you don’t get weather like today’s on the Broads that often). We had a week on the Broads the week after my Mam’s funeral in July 2017, and it soΒ helped.

Helen

Thanks Helen,

I hope you are nice and safe tucked up in the mooring, but soon be able to venture out

I have no doubt it will help Dad immenselyΒ 

We have lots of trips this year to look forward to as we had already booked a hire boat before we bought our shares, so thought we may as well keep the hire boat as well

So lots of opportunities and really looking forward to 2020 as out trips are currently as follows and there may be more!

Moonlight Shadow 22nd Feb (7 days)

Crystal Horizon from Richardsons 6th April (11 days)

Moonlight Shadow 27th June (7 days)

Moonlight Shadow 12th Sept (7 days)

Moonlight Shadow 21st Nov (7 days)

Our Newfies will be with us on each trip and Dad has agreed to come in Feb and I hope he comes later in the year, and my son and his girlfriend will be with us in September as we bring the Broads to the next generation

You take care and all the very best.

22 minutes ago, Tempest said:

Β . . . . . . . . . We have lots of trips this year to look forward to as we had already booked a hire boat before we bought our shares, so thought we may as well keep the hire boat as well

So lots of opportunities and really looking forward to 2020 as out trips are currently as follows and there may be more!

Moonlight Shadow 22nd Feb (7 days)

Crystal Horizon from Richardsons 6th April (11 days) . . . . .Β 
Β . . .Β 

Hi Warren. Β We’ll beΒ on MS from 4th April and intend to head north for the first few days. Β We’ll keep a look out for you. Β If you see us, don’t be afraid to say hi!!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

Hi Warren. Β We’ll beΒ on MS from 4th April and intend to head north for the first few days. Β We’ll keep a look out for you. Β If you see us, don’t be afraid to say hi!!

Definitely wont and likewise!

The humans are a bit ropy, but the dogs dont bite!!

Will be really nice to meet up with you and Moonlight Shadow, whilst we are on another boat.

Keep in touch and we will certainly look to have a meet

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, YnysMon said:

LOL. That’s what I do too! Remind myself how good the Broads are (notΒ that I need reminding, but anyΒ excuse).Β 

Have a good week. Hopefully the weather will behave itself, and the heating!

Thanks Helen

Really looking forward to the week

First time taking my dad and I have no doubt he will love itΒ 

• Like 1

First day complete and now on Moonlight Shadow chilling with the dogs, a glass of wine and watching nonsense Saturday TV as we chatΒ 

Picked my dad up at 7am and by 9.30 we were at Ivy's Farm having breakfast.

My dad and I had a small breakfast whilst Julie went for jam on toast.

We arrived at Brooms around midday and by 1pm we had loaded the boat

We then went for a drive, stopping at Latham's, Potter Heigham, Tesco at Stalham to fill the car and we picked up some brochures from Richardsons and Herbert Woods as Dad loves to research the boats.

We got back to Moonlight Shadow around 4pm and after taking the dogs for a walk we went to the Yare for a few drinks and food

We loved it, as Roxy and Yogi were welcomed, the food was wholesome and the staff and customers first class

We then walked back to our moorings to settle down for the eveningΒ 

• Like 8

The wind has dropped slightly and the sun is now out

Meeting friends at the Ferry House, Surlingham for Sunday lunch

This is our mooring for the evening and even though the signs state Stern on mooring only,Β  we were kindly told we could side on due to the winds which are still quite strong (gusts of 45mph) but are due to slacken during the afternoon and evening

DSC_0337.JPG

DSC_0338.JPG

DSC_0339.JPG

• Like 7