Newfies Afloat

Tempest

This morning travelled from our mooring down to Swancraft/Shadow Boats to refuel, pump out and ensure the water tanks were topped up.

Huge thanks to Paul at Swancraft who was so helpful and we had a good chat, whilst he got on with the tasks required.

If anybody is in the area and wants to use their visitor moorings of which he has a couple, he only charges £10 for overnighters and he has water, electric hookups, pump out facilities and fuel.

First time I had ever navigated down that channel towards Swancraft and Silverline and what a lovely run it is with some wonderful moorings and boats on either side.

Next job some lunch and then the task of packing, cleaning and generally getting ready for departure back to the sunny North West of England............(Well OK its probably pouring down!!)

Tonight we are off to the Yare for some wholesome grub and a couple of pints before settling down for the night in readiness for the long drive home

• Like 4

2 hours ago, YnysMon said:

Has anyone tried a takeaway from the Thai place in Wroxham?

I haven’t tried it myself Helen but I have read a lot of good reviews from various sources. Not seen anything but good ones too. They have an interesting menu and I keep saying that we will go there one day!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tempest said:

This morning travelled from our mooring down to Swancraft/Shadow Boats to refuel, pump out and ensure the water tanks were topped up.

Huge thanks to Paul at Swancraft who was so helpful and we had a good chat, whilst he got on with the tasks required.

If anybody is in the area and wants to use their visitor moorings of which he has a couple, he only charges £10 for overnighters and he has water, electric hookups, pump out facilities and fuel.

First time I had ever navigated down that channel towards Swancraft and Silverline and what a lovely run it is with some wonderful moorings and boats on either side.

Next job some lunch and then the task of packing, cleaning and generally getting ready for departure back to the sunny North West of England............(Well OK its probably pouring down!!)

Tonight we are off to the Yare for some wholesome grub and a couple of pints before settling down for the night in readiness for the long drive home

Could you please take the flippin rain with you!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NorfolkNog said:

Can't even blame JF this time either!!  :default_biggrin:

Give it time Mr Nog, just give it time :default_smiley-angelic002:

2 hours ago, YnysMon said:

This is one of the more unusual thread drifts I’ve seen on a holiday blog for some time.

As opposed to my thread drifts with a side of holiday blog? :default_norty:

I'm glad you've had a good week aboard the best boat on the broads Mr W Sir :default_smile:

4 hours ago, Tempest said:

I might see you in the Yare tonight. I am going there after a shower.

Regards

Alan

1 hour ago, Tempest said:

Tide is very low this morning

Good to meet up with Alan last night 

Now it's time for home

DSC_0356.JPG

I saw Warren at the bar who was ordering their meals, drink in hand I found a table next to Julie and the two furry gentle giants. we chatted away about their times on the Broads and boat syndicates of course and the way that they are differently managed. 

It was good to get a opinion on the way that the forum members switch off on certain topics on the forum.

The food arrived but we chattered whilst eating, the well trained furries hardly paid attention to our food.

It was good to meet you both, just a pity that it was your last day and that you could not take advantage of the next allocation.

Regards

Alan

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

This week we should have been on Crystal Horizon from Richardsons or Broadway as its now called from 6th to 17th April

Our itinerary was loosely Neatished first evening (Monday 6th), Ludham bridge (Tuesday 7th), Salhouse Broad (Wednesday 8th), Wroxham (Thursday 9th), Coltishall (Friday 10th), Ranworth (Yesterday) and Acle today.............

The weather has been lovely!

And even on our daily walks with the dogs Julie and I have been discussing where we would have been right now on the broads (I wonder how many others have done this?) and reminiscing about what we had done at those locations in the past and what we planned to do this time!

We have even been on facebook pages and websites of some of the establishments and looked at their menus!!

Sad I know... Would have booked a meal at the Acle Bridge today and hopefully with the weather eaten in  the garden with the sound of the children playing and families chatting whilst the river traffic meanders by.

Tomorrow I think we might head off towards Womack, South Walsham or Thurne Dyke!!

Might even start looking at my diary and tide timetables for our next trip on Moonlight Shadow (27th June) when we intend going north!!

One can only dream.................................

Stay safe everyone! 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Tempest said:

Might even start looking at my diary and tide timetables for our next trip on Moonlight Shadow (27th June) when we intend going north!!

Positive thinking, so important. I hope you can get your trip in June. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I always look forward to our next trip. I start out by checking the tides and then plan out several ‘tours’. Actually, we hardly ever stick to any of my plans. I just get endless fun beforehand imagining where we might visit. It also gives me a good sense of what the tides are doing. 
Hope June works out for you. I’ve given up hope for our early May allocation. Strangely reconciled to it now though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, YnysMon said:

I always look forward to our next trip. I start out by checking the tides and then plan out several ‘tours’. Actually, we hardly ever stick to any of my plans. I just get endless fun beforehand imagining where we might visit. It also gives me a good sense of what the tides are doing. 
Hope June works out for you. I’ve given up hope for our early May allocation. Strangely reconciled to it now though.

I am optimistically looking at a relaxation of the social distancing by Spring Bank Holiday weekend in May...

But like I said... optimistically!!

😉👍

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Getting withdrawal symptoms now so thought I would post some historical images which members may be able to identify the location and the boats

They bring great memories for us and we hope they do for you also

Stay safe and lets look forward to a wonderful boating future

3 newfs.jpg

Alfie.jpg

Beer Garden.jpg

Breaktime.JPG

Bruce 2.jpg

Bruce.jpg

Bruce and Mike.JPG

Bruce and Shadow.JPG

Cooper.JPG

Concerto.jpg

Cooper and Gigi 2.JPG

Cooper and Gigi.JPG

Day boat.JPG

coops and gigi.JPG

Coops2.jpg

Crystal.JPG

Heidi.JPG

Family.JPG

Gigi.JPG

Gigi2.JPG

Lunch.JPG

Julie.JPG

Kings.jpg

Love mum.JPG

Roxy.JPG

Moon.JPG

Moonfleet.JPG

Resting.JPG

Swim.jpg

Salhouse.JPG

Shadow Bruce Leon.JPG

Stunning.JPG

Yawn.JPG

Tapas.jpg

Tickle.JPG

Views.JPG

Voyage.JPG

Wroxham.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Graham47 said:

The one with the Labrador looking over the stern looks like it could be Ranworth Staithe. Was the boat Collins, Royal Emblem.

Yes it was Royal Emblem.

My parents tended to hire from Collins and the Golden Labrador was "Heidi" although we have had Aston boats also. I am not actually sure where the photo was taken, but I do think it was Ranworth

I do remember being excited as we pulled into Collins yard and the wet sheds that were there at the time with the boats ready for the next customers. When we started hiring we liked to use Moonfleet and they had similar sheds which housed mainly their day boats

Great memories

Well, I reckon Pic No...

1?   2.Acle.  3. Acle. 4. The island opposite Horning staithe.  5. Sutton staithe.  6. Horning  7??  8. Entrance to Cockshoot dyke.  9? 10?  11?  12. Ranworth  13? 14? 15? 16. Surlingham Ferry.  17. Ranworth.  18.Neatishead  19. Hoveton  20.? 21. Coltishall  22.?  23. The Dog Inn, Ludham Bridge.  24? 25?  26. Wroxham  27? 28? 29???   30. Salhouse 31? 32? 33? 34? 35? 36? 37? 38?

20 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Well, I reckon Pic No...

1?   2.Acle.  3. Acle. 4. The island opposite Horning staithe.  5. Sutton staithe.  6. Horning  7??  8. Entrance to Cockshoot dyke.  9? 10?  11?  12. Ranworth  13? 14? 15? 16. Surlingham Ferry.  17. Ranworth.  18.Neatishead  19. Hoveton  20.? 21. Coltishall  22.?  23. The Dog Inn, Ludham Bridge.  24? 25?  26. Wroxham  27? 28? 29???   30. Salhouse 31? 32? 33? 34? 35? 36? 37? 38?

Very good

Although 23 is the Kings Head at Loddon

You might be right with number 6 but I thought it was the run into Wroxham going upstream from Wroxham Broad

You will definitely know number 1