The Big 60

ExSurveyor

6 hours ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Brother Barry and I have reached the big 60.

Free prescriptions and a bus pass. . . . . . . . .

I got the free prescriptions at 60, which is very handy to be fair (although having a thyroid problem, I’d had them since 2009 anyway), but no bus pass until I’m 65 here.  By the time that rolls around, they’ll probably have put the age up for that, though!!!!

• Like 1

Congratulations!  I hit the big 50 this year.  I hated turning 40, but from then on I don’t really mind , although the retirement age will probably keep going up so I will end up sitting behind a desk till I’m boxed 

• Like 2

Congratulations to you and your brother psychic, and all you other seniors, especially all these lovely older ladies :default_norty:

Just a few decades till I turn 60........Or 50.......Or 40.........Or :default_smiley-angelic002:

retirement age.... I dont want to retire I really enjoy doing my job and helping all the people I work for, and to be honest the company I work for are great, we even made no.8 in the best UK workplaces awards (for large companies) this year, only our second year into our participation, there cant be many workplaces that provide free yoga once a week.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Congratulations to you and your brother psychic, and all you other seniors, especially all these lovely older ladies :default_norty:

Just a few decades till I turn 60........Or 50.......Or 40.........Or :default_smiley-angelic002:

Dont you just love these youngsters.  :facepalm:   I am heading for 75 and just as I was due my free TV licence the buggers took it away.  Typical.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

57 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

I can't be of much help on that one, we need Timbo. I'm just an antiques dealer, Timbo is the archaeologist.  

The earliest joke in Griff's joke book is Grade II Listed and reads something like this.
Et nobiliori ,  quaerit: "Servus tuus et mater erat in domo mea?"
"Non, pater meus esse hortulanum," respondit autem duplex.

Translation:
A noble on seeing his double asks "was your mother a slave in my house?".
"No my father was the gardener!" replied the double.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

It's twenty days, I think, to my 54th birthday. For the past few years I've received brochures for 'holidays for the over fifties' on the run up to Christmas and my birthday. This year I've only been sent funeral plan brochures! :default_dry:

• Haha 5