Maurice Mynah's In Trouble Again

MauriceMynah

Ok. More by luck than judgment I managed to sync my iTunes playlist with my phone. Brilliant! I even managed to get the phone to start playing it....

… but then I couldn't get it to stop! What music player do you all recommend, one with a stop button please (I'm currently using "rocket player")

Not used Rocket Player MM, but what do you mean there is no stop button?

Usually the media controls are always minimised like this...

20191215_140112.thumb.jpg.bcb1dc89d9f4b4f96584b50eba01fdd5.jpg

but if you swipe that minimised bar up, you'll get it full screen like this

1600335708_Screenshot_20191215-140205_AmazonMusic.thumb.jpg.be23ab3d81a6a5388a472b98ec162ca3.jpg

25 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Ok. More by luck than judgment I managed to sync my iTunes playlist with my phone. Brilliant! I even managed to get the phone to start playing it....

… but then I couldn't get it to stop! What music player do you all recommend, one with a stop button please (I'm currently using "rocket player")

I use one called 'Audify Music player'....found it very simple to use and sorts all music out into things such as recents,,, playlists ,,,, albums and folders etc...oh and the play ..stop...and pause buttons are nicely displayed and easily understandable.

Should have added downloaded from the Play Store....

Edited by Oldspice
Forgot where I got it from

21 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Yes, the buttons are just like those Jay, I can pause the song, but not stop it all together.

They don't generally have a stop button mate because you aren't physically "stopping" a CD etc just ending the stream or downloaded music. Once its paused it's as good as stopped as you have finished using your data or phone cpu. 

Unless I've misunderstood your issue :default_blush:

They do take a little getting used to...when mine is paired up in the car and the car radio is playing ...if an advert for Google comes on then my phone seems to think it's me talking/shouting at it .. especially when the advert says "hello google".... Took me an age to work out what was going on ...😱

I now understand why so many people spend so much time with their noses buried in their mobiles. I use to think these sad people needed to get real lives rather than immersing themselves in groups of virtual friends and collecting "likes".

Now I realise that this is not necessarily the case. There are three distinct types of smart phone user the first group is as I describe, people who need social media like an addict needs drugs. The second group comprises people like Jay, spending inordinate amounts of time sorting out people like me, then there's what I suspect is by far the largest group. Those staring blankly at their phones, wondering how the blinking hell they did that!

Thanks Jay, see you sometime in the week. I'm up on the boat from Thursday, and bridge permitting, on the rivers and in the pubs from the weekend onwards.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

Thanks Jay, see you sometime in the week. I'm up on the boat from Thursday, and bridge permitting, on the rivers and in the pubs from the weekend onwards.

No problem M&M

How long are you on the rivers for mate? I'll be visiting, meeting and greeting from this weekend, but would be good to potentially bump into you after Christmas if you're still around. 

I'll keep my eyes open :default_xmas2:

On 14/12/2019 at 11:40, chameleon said:

what happened to your slate, chalk and 2 tins connected by string

Sorry Mike, missed that one. The old tin cans were covered in patina and the string had rotted away. I was told to put the slate back on the roof and I gave the chalk to a darts player.