Maurice Mynah's In Trouble Again

MauriceMynah

Or MMtracker, it's an obsolete app now but I have the APK file for installation and the broads os explorer map to load into it, the map is out of date roads wise but the broads have not moved.

There's no more updates as memory-map insisted it was abandoned (by threat of courts) as it used their old chart format and mostly pirated maps, I have the files if anyone wants them.

2 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

It's a levono or something

A Lenovo?

There shouldn't be any reason why you can't download most apps on your tablet which are the same as on your phone, as the Play Store should still be on your tablet too

2 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Like how? It looks good 

see the square at the bottom right that changed to two rectangles, if you put your finger on the square long enough it goes split screen to the two rectangles, the same to reverse the process. first fire up the first app, then split screen and fire up the second app.

Assuming you are logged into both with the same Google account you can go to My Apps and Games in Play Store. Found under the menu button - three horizontal lines. This can take you quickly to all the apps you have on one device and download them onto the other.

40 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

MMtracker screenshot. Not broads map obviously as I'm at home.

All without any data needed.

1945441237_Screenshot_20191217-215442_MMTracker.thumb.jpg.551205d2042bb42e7bbb12443da0cfc2.jpg

Smoggy, I don't know if you realise, or even care, that you have just pinpointed your house (and address) on the world-wide t'internet

I seem to recall when we were discussing this a while back the what 3 words location for one forum member was one of 4 3m squares in the car park outside his house.

my issue with what 3 words is that to use it you require an internet connection, what i like about mine is that both the speed app i use (gps test) and the os mapping, work offline (with the os mapping you need to have bought the paper map od the broads area, and with that you get a free download of that map to their app, which works offline, it will show a view outside that area to a certain scale if you have the internet connection.

I think your main stumbling block MM will be the fact the tablet is windows 10, so the android apps wont work, is your phone windows 10 too, if so we will need to be looking for a whole different set of apps to do the same job.

1 hour ago, grendel said:

I seem to recall when we were discussing this a while back the what 3 words location for one forum member was one of 4 3m squares in the car park outside his house.

my issue with what 3 words is that to use it you require an internet connection, what i like about mine is that both the speed app i use (gps test) and the os mapping, work offline (with the os mapping you need to have bought the paper map od the broads area, and with that you get a free download of that map to their app, which works offline, it will show a view outside that area to a certain scale if you have the internet connection.

I think your main stumbling block MM will be the fact the tablet is windows 10, so the android apps wont work, is your phone windows 10 too, if so we will need to be looking for a whole different set of apps to do the same job.

No W3W works offline

https://support.what3words.com/en/articles/2212844-does-what3words-work-offline

The possibility is the sensitivity of the location gps on the device.

2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

If anyone wants to visit they will be disappointed as I'm a miserable git anyway.....

And gps is not that accurate sat inside a house, can easily be half a postcode out, not saying if it is or not though.....

Don't be fooled by Dave's modesty here! He is a very fine and generous host who cannot do enough for guests! Plying them with food and drink and seasonal bonhomie. One would be very foolish to miss out on this rare opportunity! He'll even don a santa suit upon request! A most unusually generous character in that there is also an open tab for all comers at his local! Miss out and regret deeply!!!

3 hours ago, grendel said:

with the os mapping you need to have bought the paper map od the broads area, and with that you get a free download of that map to their app, which works offline

How are you finding OS maps since they updated to version 2? I can only see the maps I've bought if I zoom in so close as to make them fairly useless. OS seem to be taking a long time to sort out the bugs with version 2.