My Hope's And Wishes For Christmas And The New Year

Chelsea14Ian

Well almost Christmas and the New year ,What a year.Health:This has been my best year for health in about five years. Bit of a scare in January. I was diagnosed with an enlarged prostate, thankfully not Cancerous. So far only one day sick,due to my COPD .Marina has had problems with her sinuses,which has affected her hearing.All in all as far as health concerned not bad.Sadly my Aunt passed away,she lived to a good age in her nineties. A good year for boating many trips and the boat behaved well.She is going to  have some work on her next year.We returned to  Berlin in June,a lovely long weekend in really good weather  Next year a trip planned to Cornwall and Devon in June.Our daughter married in August, something Marina and I thought would not happen. As for Christmas, Alan and Dave are coming round for lunch.

My Hope's for the following year:

The hope of a more peaceful and understanding World.Think of those that are lonely and may just appreciate a friendly smile and the odd word.When we are in Norfolk/Suffolk people talk,not always the case here in London .There are so many bad things happening ,nice however theres more good things then bad.

Wishing you all a great Christmas and Happy boating New year. 

A few pics

20191026_082047.jpg

20190921_184408.jpg

20190911_185242.jpg

20190825_105317.jpg

20190623_111505.jpg

20190622_204211.jpg

• Like 10

A good summary of the year there Ian. My best wishes to you and Marina for Christmas and the New Year.

We have booked a few days afloat in March as we enjoyed that so much when we went this year. Our caravan is proving to be a great getaway for us through the warmer months. Other than that I'm not expecting much change in 2020, but one never knows.

The highlights of 2019 for me would be summed up in three pictures.

IMG_0486.JPG

IMG_0559.JPG

IMG_0627.JPG

• Like 7

Overall a very changing year for myself and Selsie.  I became a grandmother on my 50th birthday in May. My granddaughter arrived a few mins to midnight so 2nd May from now on will be extra special. 

Boating highlights were being invited to the Beccles Wooden Boat Show (despite not being wooden), waking up at Stracey Arms after coming back from the show,  watching the world go by Thurne Mill and a few weeks ago sitting in the sun at Potter Heigham.

On the 15th July we had to very suddenly have King, one of our greyhounds put down after he collapsed. I’m still not over it. We had a bond I cannot explain.

We are now empty nesters after my son moved into his own house a few weeks ago. Another period of adjusting and realising that nothing stays the same and my babies are all grown up! 

We are looking forward to Christmas as my granddaughter will be with us for her first Christmas. My daughter lives in Scotland. Thank goodness for FaceTime and hope that my granddaughter recognises me! 

DE0CC27E-67E4-4D92-82AA-7A7F0347AD3E.jpeg

E7E4A4FE-3CB0-4610-A7B8-7A57509E8A21.jpeg

8A341932-BF32-4B27-ADA4-7B1DAB34A57D.jpeg

D4B60F39-D8E4-4181-B0E5-FF36AAF7A6EC.jpeg

• Like 4

2019 - what a really bad year it has been for us. probably the worst to date in our 35 + years together.

Too much 'Stuff' to list and too painful too, but never a pessimist - It's just the way it has been

2020 brings a new year and a new decade.

Once we have got a funeral & house sale etc out of the way, come the spring -

'Things can only get better'

I feel / hope that 2020 could be one of our best years in 35 + years - Ever the optimist

---------------------------------------------------------------

'My hopes and wishes for Christmas and the New Year' :--

To all forumites, their family / friends  -  All the best for Christmas but especially 2020

Griff

• Like 7

Our year has been one of "highs! and "lows". In January, we became grandparents for the second time. I spent much of the year travelling up and down the A1 to visit my ailing mother in Halifax. Great NBF meet up at Salhouse in May.  Fantastic holiday in Mallorca in June - very relaxing.  Drove a steam roller round the arena at the Woodcote Steam Fair in July. Bought a couple of folding bikes, mainly for use on the boat , My mother sadly passed away in August , A week of boating with our first Grandson also in August.  Mother's funeral in September, at which I wept like a baby.  Boat broke down a couple of times in September/October curtailing two holidays - finally remedied by a n expensively refurbished diesel injection pump. Visited Stratford upon Avon in October to see RSC production of King John,  Caught stinking cold in November that took me out of circulation for 3 weeks. Spent December helping our elder daughter to move to a nice detached bungalow in Whitstable, with stunning views across the Swale to Minster on the Isle of Sheppey and across the Thames estuary to Southend on a clear day. looking forward to a chaotic Christmas week with children, partners, , grandchildren and dogs.  

Nik and I wish you all a very happy Christmas  and a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.  Let's hope that 2020 has a few more "highs" and fewer "lows". 

• Like 5