Merry Christmas

Gracie

7 minutes ago, Lulu said:

Happy Christmas everyone from myself and Selsie. Our 7 month granddaughter is celebrating her first Christmas with us so I am one very happy grandma :default_biggrin:

Awww Happy Birthday to your little Granddaughter and a very Merry Christmas to her Grandma :default_xmas2:

Jay and Grace xxx

• Like 2

Christmas cooking has started, the ham was cooked yesterday afternoon, and this morning the slow cooked braised beef went on, followed by cheese and bacon turnovers for breakfast, next it will be over to my parents to say happy Christmas, then home, tomorrow it's round my sister's for boxing day.

IMG-20191225-WA0001.jpeg

IMG-20191225-WA0003.jpeg

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, coolcat said:

. . . . . . . go easy on the Turkey folks :default_beerchug::default_xmas5:

It’s not the turkey I’m worried about, it’s the consequences of potential over indulgence of stuffing, sprouts, parsnips and swede that concerns me.  Don’t get near naked flames tomorrow, methinks!!😉😉

• Haha 6

Word of friendly advice to allyou pet owners, please remember that turkey while enjoyed by yourpets will probably give  them the galloping trots. When in the pet trade we used to triple our order of anti-diarrhoea tablets for the post Christmas period when the after effects of the Christmas treats manifested themselves.

merry Christmas,

Carole

• Like 1

Merry Christmas Everyone :default_xmas2:

Sorry I'm a little late, some of us have been busy in the kitchen, whilst others just sit and enjoy the day :default_biggrin:

I have a feeling I know what's going to be mentioned later, but until then have a great day everybody, whatever you're getting up to :default_xmas3:

Had a great Christmas Day. Started with me coming down to a perfectly cooked boiled egg  (not so easy to achieve as some think) with toast that had been twice through the toaster on account of the fact that I immensely dislike soggy, leathery toast The kitchen filled with the sound of Rod Stewart's Great American Song book, Bliss. There was just the 2 of us today which is a rarity but made a nice change, no-one to please but us. Turkey dinner  with all the trimmings when we felt like having it, Day punctuated throughout with mulled wine, some old films on T.V and much loved programmes. Totally relaxed day, Lovely.  Lunch out today, Tomorrow, Tony's birthday, will be spent in London with Daughter and family. All in all, just perfect.

Carole

Carole

• Like 5

Christmas Day was just the best.  Had MrsG all to myself til around 1130, then it was off to the Harvey Arms for just the chaps. Then daughters for 1300 onwards, Son / Daughter their partners, both grandchildren. This year for the first time we had both Grandchildren together on Christmas day.   Me and MrsG eventually home for around 2100

Lads, you wanna earn huge brownie points?  Get your Lady one of those Dyson Airwraps (Tad expensive - Recommend Boots).  MrsG positively amazed at how effective / easy it is to use, she is well impressed.  I got that one correct

Griff

• Like 10

We had the best Christmas ever.  My daughter and her partner and my little granddaughter had to go back to Scotland last night (that was the hardest farewell ever)  but to have both my son and daughter, their partners  and my parents all together, even for a short time,  was an absolute treat.  Best present which produced hours of endless fun for myself (and granddaughter) plastic stacking cups   :default_biggrin:

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

its been relatively quiet for me, my daughter was away at her boyfriends for christmas and boxing day, this gave me time to tidy some meccano and put up some metal shelving to hold it, then boxing day was a morning of tidying, followed by family afternoon at my sisters, where the whole family, my parents and sister and her kids and grandkids all get together for a buffet and presents,

then i found that my daughter had replaced her gaming tv with a bigger one, this freed up her old 42" tv to replace the nearly new 32" tv in the lounge, which freed this up to replace the partly dodgy 24" tv in my bedroom, another hour well spent sorting all these out

today will be another quiet day, only 2 taxi runs scheduled to drop my daughter over to her mums and pick her up again, so more tidying for me. (as well as binge watching youtube videos)

• Like 8

Christmas day panned out pretty much as expected. Tea in bed (thanks Karen xx) followed by a ie in till about 09.00, followed by my traditional 2 hot sausage rolls for breakfast and another mug of tea. Then it was prezzie time, wiyh some really great prezzies from family and friends, thanks to all. Then Christmas Dinner at Karen's mum and dad's, followed by more prezzies. Then a relaxing afternoon, then cold meat and salad with pickles. More chat and TV, then home about 21.30, followed by more TV, then bed at midnight. 

Boxing day did'nt go to plan though. Our regular boxing day see's us have a lazy morning, including more hot sausage rolls for breakfast, and then into Bournemouth for a walk along the beach followed by lunch on the pier in the cafe. However, with the rain pouring down, we picked up Karen's mum and dad and went to a local shopping centre looking at new beds. Then back to our place for lunch and TV for the rest of the day, including yet more cold meat and pickles, which again is a Christmas tradition. I dropped Karen's mum and dad back home about 21.00, then finished off the day with TV, then bed about 22.30. 

All in all, a great Christmas, except for not going down to the pier. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Lads, you wanna earn huge brownie points?  Get your Lady one of those Dyson Airwraps (Tad expensive - Recommend Boots).  MrsG positively amazed at how effective / easy it is to use, she is well impressed.  I got that one correct

Griff

And if you start saving now you may have enough by next Christmas.     I am a Dyson fan but boy oh boy is everything pricey.

• Like 1