Quiz Night 2020

unclemike

6 hours ago, SteveO said:

As for "being a bit rude" it is only ever as an attempt to inject a bit of humour into proceedings. Of course, what I think funny, you may not. Apologies for any offence I may have inadvertently caused. 

No offence ever taken Steve, I'm just jealous that most of your tongue in cheek answers are better than the ones I'd just typed and then had to delete!

On the subject of Google, that is something I've never done in the course of a quiz when a contestant, only as a QM when someone has come up with an alternative answer!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Find it sad if people cheat using Google, at the end of the day they are only cheating themselves in a fun quiz.

Unfortunately nowadays people will cheat just to make them self feel better about themselves. Recently I see with all this lock down and the news people communicating through face time, filtering to make yourself look younger or better looking seems to be the in thing.

Topics for tomorrows quiz are 

1. Fruit and Veg

2. Fastest Finger

3. Christmas Trivia

Break for a beverage

4. Body Parts

5. Film Quotes

6. Trivia

This will take place in the NEW chatroom about 8.30 pm. It would be nice to see some "new" people take part especially those who have commented about how it is run. :default_biggrin:

Enter user name - no password required https://www.nbnplus.co.uk/chat 

• Like 1

Thank you to those who took part in last nights quiz, the results were

in joint third with 15 points were Polly and SteveO

in second with 17 points was NikO

and the winner on 19 points was Grendel who will be the host for next weeks quiz.

It really would've been nice to see some more members in the chat room at least trying the quiz, but I suppose its easy to make comments when you haven't tried the product.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bern said:

It really would've been nice to see some more members in the chat room at least trying the quiz, but I suppose its easy to make comments when you haven't tried the product.

How many people were there? And if that is a snide comment aimed at myself then I have tried the product more than once!

• Like 1

Guest Jayfire
On 03/12/2020 at 14:56, grendel said:

if its that difficult i resort to silly answers in the hope of getting a point for making the QM laugh

Every answer I give seems to be silly, and I never even intend to resort to silly answers :default_hiding:

Honestly, on the rare occasions I'm able to join in the forum quiz it's been great fun and very friendly. If you haven't already, give it a try. Even a numpty like me gets a couple of points, and it's only about beating Lulu at the end of the day :default_xmas3:

20 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Even a numpty like me gets a couple of points, and it's only about beating Lulu at the end of the day :default_xmas3:

You only need a couple of points to beat me especially if the topic is history or geography:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OK Topics for the quiz tomorrow, are as follows

Nursery Rhymes

The First Noel

Film Quotes

break

Christmas Carols

Festive food

and 

Santa's Sack

This will take place in the NEW chatroom about 8.30 pm. It would be nice to see some "new" people take part especially those who have commented about how it is run. 

Enter user name - no password required 

https://www.nbnplus.co.uk/chat/

• Like 1